Imvu mobile question

Questions, Tips and Concerns about Creating on IMVU in general.
cupnsaucer
New Pixel

Imvu mobile question

Post by cupnsaucer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:17 am

I have a customer saying the no brows product is erasing their eyes whenever they put it on.
(I have no access to the mobile app so cannot test it myself)

Has anyone else using the mobile app noticed anything funny with the blending or anything that might cause it to make the eyes gone?

Here's the product:
http://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?pr ... d=33709907

It's just a simple blacked out brows opacity... it's hard to imagine it effecting the eyes as they are normally no where near each other, but this is imvu so who knows what they might have done. lol

gaf210
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/gaf210

Re: Imvu mobile question

Post by gaf210 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 am

lol thats deffo something weird but i wouldnt be surprised, i still wonder how the mobile app does to render all what it does now, so i guess the glitches with textures, fogs and other issues might be worked on later on.

cupnsaucer
New Pixel

Post by cupnsaucer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:25 am

I thought it sounded weird, did you try them on in mobile and it does the same for you?

Nums
Sage Pixel

Post by Nums » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:47 am

Oh don't get me started on the blending.. LOL

The way I make my blended products doesn't work on mobile at all. You'd think that if IMVU were making multiple platforms they'd make it all work the same. But no, of course not.

I put on your product though, and it removed the eye product I currently had equipped. So when they say that, they mean it won't let them equip an eye while using it I presume. At least that's what I'm experiencing. I'm not sure how that product works though.

cupnsaucer
New Pixel

Post by cupnsaucer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:47 am

I was afraid of that. Thanks for testing :)

Guess I'll have to post a new icon or something to let mobile users know (as mobile likely does not bring up the product page?)

No sense in trying to let imvu know. I cannot even post in the "discussions". Literally. Nothing happens. (it's read-only for me)

I don't think they want to hear from their users at all.

*edit* nevermind, I was able to post in "discussions" immediately after sending Shannonmac a message on his page.
Guess it thought I was invisible or something.

**edit** aaaannnnd... my posts are removed for not being in the right thread. lol Yah. Ok. As I said.
(sigh, I don't know why I bother!)
Last edited by cupnsaucer on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zara
Sage Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keodi

Post by Zara » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 am

If you checked/ticked the "Overridable" box when creating your product that can cause compatibility issues.

Unchecking/unticking does nothing, you have to go into the debug tab and manually remove the line of code containing "Overridable" in it.

Your product will still work perfectly if not better if you end up doing this.

cupnsaucer
New Pixel

Post by cupnsaucer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 am

How your blended products do in mobile?
Do you mean you must make new opacity maps? The blending does not work at all, or what?
Does it change depending on the phone?
I'm curious now :)

cupnsaucer
New Pixel

Post by cupnsaucer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am

Zara wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 am
If you checked/ticked the "Overridable" box when creating your product that can cause compatibility issues.

Unchecking/unticking does nothing, you have to go into the debug tab and manually remove the line of code containing "Overridable" in it.

Thanks Zara, (had to go look) I did not have the overridable box ticked at all (no line in debug either), it's just a simple black out opacity to make brows invisible.

Zara
Sage Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keodi

Post by Zara » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am

cupnsaucer wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am
Zara wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 am

Thanks Zara, (had to go look) I did not have the overridable box ticked at all (no line in debug either), it's just a simple black out opacity to make brows invisible.
Hmm, hard to imagine what else could cause eyes to disappear. Screenshots of your Editor window might help diagnose the issue.

Nums
Sage Pixel

Post by Nums » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Also if it helps any, the product works just fine in the client. Only issue is on mobile.

I believe I see why as well. The item is classified in mobile as an eye product, and you can only equip 1 set of eyes at a time. So therefore it doesn't let you use both at once.

I circled your eye product, and you can see it's under the eye section. Looks like it's just a limitation of mobile?

https://gyazo.com/ddc796691ca0a9b6f76e53ee0d07d2a8

cupnsaucer
New Pixel

Post by cupnsaucer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 am

Thanks Nums for the picture! (I don't have mobile) I wonder why they did it like that?? Good grief.

It makes a lot more sense now.

Does it make the eyes go blank or just default to the "default" imvu eyes?

I'm wondering if a custom head made without brows and one's favorite eye texture would work on mobile? (and still allow for layered brows to be worn)

or maybe just a head with no brows?

or would removing the brows when deriving a head cause the eyes to vanish when the head is used on mobile?

Nums
Sage Pixel

Post by Nums » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:00 am

It removes the eye product you have equipped, so it goes back to the default eyes. Normally in client, it only matters if the clothing ID is the same. But my guess is mobile is supposed to be simplified so it just flat out won't let you equip two products that are considered "eyes"?

I can log into the client and equip both and save the outfit and use them on mobile. Perhaps there's a way to equip both on mobile and I'm just not savvy enough to figure it out.

If it is impossible to equip both, then I feel like it's honestly something IMVU just needs to change, but who knows when and if they will.