A place for talking about IMVU
Elaini
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Elaini

Post by Elaini » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Sometimes when I'm in the same room with just one avatar with loads of particles and other effects on it, my fan starts getting really loud in the "whoa there, I can't even" kind of way. I just replaced the thermal paste of my GPU (with the good stuff) a few days ago after blowing all the dust off with compressed air, so it's certainly not a maintenance issue - I do have some knowledge on how to fix my computer.

- What do you think is the ideal KBs?
- How must do the effects have to do with lag / oveaheating?
- And... do you think public rooms should be able to force a KB limit for it's guests?

Daphne2219
Posting Pixel

Re: Avatar KBs

Post by Daphne2219 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 am

- What do you think is the ideal KBs?

I think around 3K will be enough, avatars getting more realistic (hairs, clothes are more detailed compared with the avi's many years ago), so the kb's have been going up as well. As for my own avi, i try not to go further than 2.5k

- How must do the effects have to do with lag / oveaheating?

probably like i said above, lately products have been more detailed, especially effects of any kind, some are so heavy, they ask a lot of memory / cpu/gpu power. Playing with the advance settings in the client might help a bit.

- And... do you think public rooms should be able to force a KB limit for it's guests?

That would be nice, also will stop those annoying lag-trolls.