How To Make Permanent Expressions

Help and Tips on Making Avatars Poses and Animations
Jemzy
Mega Pixel

How To Make Permanent Expressions

Post by Jemzy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:12 pm

(I actually didn't know where to put this tutorial, but it falls kind of in the Avatar and Pose Making I think, I don't know)

So here's a tutorial on making Permanent expressions for Poses, Avatars, or just as an Action itself.
I'll be using Deliverance DN Facemaker (Orig Head) Sticker: http://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?pr ... id=4902375
(You can find homepages that have the sticker on them for use)

After you click "Start" on the sticker, this will come up:

On the left, there are Expressions that have little tabs beside them.

Use these tabs to increase the morph of the face/decrease/remove.

I'll be using the Smile Expression. As you can see I increased the Morph.

Now, press on "Save XPF" and save it to whatever folder (I usually choose "Movies" for some reason)
**MAKE SURE IT HAS .XPF ON THE END WHEN SAVING**

For this tutorial, I will be deriving an "Empty Accessories".
When you're in Create Mode, go to the "Actions" tab at the top and click on it. Then at the top left at the bottom of the tab, there should be an "+Add" button, press that. An "Action 0" will appear.

Scroll down to the section called "Morph Animation" press "+Add .XPF" and put in your .XPF file.
Then copy this into the sections that are entered in here. (You don't need to worry about "Ensemble Parameters" for this)

**MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR TRIGGER AS "BLINK" THIS MEANS YOU DON'T NEED TO ACTIVATE IT TO GET THE DESIRED EXPRESSION, IT MAKES ITS PERMANENT**

Here's how it looks in Creator:

(Sorry, my Avi looks scary)
You can see that the expression is staying there, because its permanent. Now you can save it and submit it to the shop! :)

Jemzy
Mega Pixel

Re: Making Heads Parted Lips Permanent

Post by Jemzy » Thu May 25, 2017 4:54 pm

**This tutorial only works if the head has parted lips "plON" or another expression as a trigger**
If a parted lips version of the head is already available, as sometimes is the case, then this is unnecessary.

The Head I'll be deriving from is by kloudust, "KD^FLO HEAD": http://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?pr ... d=34290146
This one like others, has parted lips "plOn" as a trigger only.

So this is what the head looks like normally:

And this is what the head looks like when the parted lips "plON" is triggered:

When I move or put on something on my Avi, the parted lips will disappear, which is what triggers do.
To make the parted lips permanent, you'll essentially want to do the same things in the above tutorial.

Go to the actions tab and you'll see two actions have been added, "plON" and "plOFF"
(Sorry for the quality of the picture)

What you're going to do is pretty much the same as the above tutorial. Change the trigger name to "blink" and put in all the necessary numbers to the sections need to make it permanent.

(Sorry again for the awful quality, but you can find the exact same numbers in the sections in the above tutorial)
(I'll update the two pictures above when I get to a better computer)

Although not entirely necessary, I removed "plOFF" by deleting the trigger name and then deleting the action as a whole. This makes sure it doesn't come up in the trigger box when the your avi is clicked on.

After all this, the parted lips is now permanent! :) You can now submit it to the shop

IshikaruTanaka
New Pixel

Re: How To Make Permanent Expressions

Post by IshikaruTanaka » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:15 am

What if you'd like to cycle through some expressions, like have the eyebrows slide all the way down and then all the way up, or eyes look left then right?

I tried multiple ensembles but I'm not understanding how to get one to play first and the other to play immediately after. Do you know how to do this?

DimitriX89
Sage Pixel

Re: How To Make Permanent Expressions

Post by DimitriX89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:49 pm

@IshikaruTanaka in theory, this will be "After Playing : Pick New Ensemble" in Action header, with "# of ensembles played" set either to 0 (infinite repetition) or to more than 1. But in practice, better not to hook up anything other than static animations to "blink" trigger. It will reset itself too often and look awful