Keeping up with the goings on
Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

File Sales Within IMVU - Carryover Post

Post by Notorious Chicka » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Link to WayBack Machine version:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160706105 ... p&t=550685

This thread was deleted from the forums "accidentally" but the information is pretty necessary.

Varsha's original post 11/23/15

This forum post aims to provide clarification for texture and mesh file sales. There is no change in any of the policies that have been in place via our TOS and Creator Agreement. This post is a reminder of said policies.

First and foremost, user-to-user sales of products that can be vended via the catalog are not supported by IMVU and our policies.

Note:

Selling of files and meshes directly contradicts IMVU’s derivation-chain based catalog process - the basis of our Creator economy.

Our derivation chain process is the intended way to “sell” your meshes - submit it as a derivable product, set your profit and earn Credits or cash when others derive from your mesh and sell those products in our catalog.

Our derivation chain process is the intended way to “sell” your textures - derive from a mesh, apply your texture(s), submit it as a product (derivable or not), set your profit, and earn Credits or cash when IMVU customers buy those products in our catalog or when other Creators derive from such products.

Please expect these policies to be enforced. Anyone engaging in file sales and using IMVU’s catalog based economy to earn Credits or Cash for such sales is putting their account at risk. This restriction refers only to your actions on IMVU; it does not apply to independently operated sites or services like Squidoo.

To summarize, selling of meshes and textures is fully supported by IMVU’s virtual catalog submission and derivation chain process. If such transactions are done outside of that process, IMVU’s Credit/Cash economy may not be used for making/getting payments.

There is no change to our policies regarding advertising such sales to the IMVU community using our features such as groups, forum signatures, homepages, messages etc.

and
Reserved for FAQs:

1) Are we not allowed to sell files on IMVU at alll?

Mesh and texture file sales are supported by our virtual catalog process of derivation chains. If you decide to instead make those transactions outside of that process then you may do so, however, you can not accept payments using our catalog based economy and earn Credits or cash for such sales.

2) What is covered by this announcement?

Sales of products/services that are intended to be done via our derivation chain/product submission process - specifically texture and mesh files for virtual products which can be sold in the catalog via routine product submissions.

3) Is it okay to use purchased texture/mesh files for products I upload to the catalog as a Creator?

Yes. However, such transactions are not supported or controlled by IMVU and are entirely the responsibility of those selling/buying files.

4) Is it okay to accept payments via non-IMVU methods such as Paypal for file sales?

Yes. However, such transactions are not supported or controlled by IMVU and are entirely the responsibility of those selling/buying files. IMVU does not get involved in any manner if there are any disputes or issues.

5) Can I still buy/sell custom products and accept payments via credits and/or support product purchases?

Yes. Custom products are exclusive to one or few purchasers but are still virtual products submitted in the catalog. They are set to Display Only or priced very high by Creators to prevent their purchases by the general community. That is fine.

6) Can I still have groups discussing file sales and post prices/pictures about those files in the groups?

Yes

7) Can I host contests where prizes are mesh/texture files?

Yes

LuvableVenus
Posting Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/LuvableVenus

Re: File Sales Within IMVU - Carryover Post

Post by LuvableVenus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:28 pm

Thank-you Notorious! I knew I had read something somewhere in regards to this. I have someone pop-up with their files in my imvu msgs and its annoying the *#@ing hell out of me!

Saving this for use for a later date! Once again thank-you!