IMVU Closes its User Forums Feb 24 2017

Keeping up with the goings on
Puck
New Pixel

Re: IMVU Closes its User Forums Feb 24 2017

Post by Puck » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:10 am

yeah I took a peek at the new look...it too confusing to use.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 am

Where to even start with this mess ?

Hello , I've got a bad reputation at the ole forum and well deserved from both yelling at staff and users .
I hope to continue with that here at this new ( to me ) forum and look forward to arguing with all of you ;)
Now believe me most of what I write is simply me arguing with myself to be more rational instead of raging mad ,
this form of writing seems to be agitating to some and sorry for that in advance .

In life change is constant , accepting that change will make us stronger . ( I got that from a movie )

I like to stick up for the underdog so often will argue the weaker side because it's good to have perspective and not just be bias . So even if I agree with the winning side i'll go out of my way to defend the losers . Whoever designed the new forum meant well and were doing their job so hopefully they don't feel too bad or lose a job because after all they were doing as requested by IMVU . Who ( IMVU ) as we all know has a track record of failure when it comes to changes . Also here I'm not trying to claim I'm better than anyone else as a matter of fact I'm no different than ya'll even if I come off sounding better than thou .

ShannonMac of course he works for IMVU so when they are paying your bills you have no choice but to side with them
Tony Titan wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:32 pm
I, like some others, have been 'voicing' some concerns over IMVU's recent changes and lack of asking for input from their community (Us), to ShannonMac...and I'm not sure why, but his latest response to me has me....IDK....irked??? See what you think.
I am discussing the overall communication between IMVU and users but it will take time to see viable progress. From what I have seen the problems are arguably on both ends. More later. Best, Shannon
BOTH ends??? Did he just say we as customers are partially to blame for some of the moronic choices they're making???
Being your new friend at IMVU directly relating from this new forum mess you know what side i'm on here . Anyways . . He kinda just has to say that otherwise his co-workers would all be upset with 'em leading to an un-pleasant work environment and possibly termination .

We users are never happy with changes even when things work , with this disaster and the obvious outrage . . well you've seen what I posted and ripped them up at every chance I get :evil: all though in my defense even if it doesn't seem funny to others always makes me laugh . What I'm trying to convey here is if we were in her shoe we'd probably be doing the same thing . Anyways I'm sure the office talk there is something along the lines of we are a buncha cry babies with anything that changes and/or is new . . they'll get used to it . And something along the lines of look at these idiots can't even use a forum , just to make the designer feel better and not otherwise be found overdosed or something horrible .
Obviously as shown by the numbers they are living in denial * . I really honestly do feel sorry for the designer because had she been directed to do it properly with suggestions , feedback and testing by the users it wouldn't have been such a disaster . I mean can you imagine how she must feel doing the work then seeing the reaction ? Yeah yea ya I know horrible forum design but is it her fault or IMVU's typical backwards thinking she is working under that lead to this state . I'd think IMVU as usual policy is to blame all the way , even if she is part of that team . So as that Shannon chick worded it , to me it just shows what the office talk is saying and i'd guess living in reality she is on our side with hands tied .

Well pixel pushers , that's about all . Peace Out !

PS yes I know Shannon isn't a grrl and I'm really surprised no one has made a topic of boycott the new forum sign here at the new forum .
Can ya imagine if none of the complaint posts were there how empty it'd be ? ? ?
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Post by oOChrissyOo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Pssst Bot..Shannon is a guy :)

Diamondz
New Pixel

Post by Diamondz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:31 pm

The last time I had posted in the old forums was the day before they shut it down and I didn't know anything about the plans to shut it down. I then go on Pulse a couple of days after they shut it down and found out it was gone. So, I just didn't do anything until a couple of days ago when I registered here (thankfully I'd seen info from a couple of people in Pulse so joined here). I have tried looking at their new forums and they are so confusing and it's awful not being able to see more than 2 topics at a time. So glad we've got a new place to discuss things. Where there's a will there's a way around a lot of their stupidity, i.e., Keef creating this new home for "forums."

SqkyC
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/SqkyC

Post by SqkyC » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:00 pm

I suspect they [Imvu] are not even looking at what is being posted but are going by the number of clicks and postings, congratulating themselves on having such a popular product. :/

Diamondz
New Pixel

Post by Diamondz » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:52 pm

SqkyC wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:00 pm
I suspect they [Imvu] are not even looking at what is being posted but are going by the number of clicks and postings, congratulating themselves on having such a popular product. :/
That sounds about right - their self-congratulating is old hat.

BunnyCakes
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=30837115

Post by BunnyCakes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:18 pm

It appears to me as if they are attempting to make a mobile/ tablet forum. So that those users can ask questions. It also appears that there were newer type users using that forum. I'm not sure what platform they were using because I didn't ask nor do I have access to that information. It would be interesting to know.

Either Way the overall aesthetic of the new forums is an eyesore and not user friendly.
How could they take something simplistic and make it such a clusterfuck. smh

In my mind I always think why can't they hire a old time IMVU member that has knowledge of the community and business?
The company is ran mostly males that only have interest inflating thier ego and using fast cash tactics to make it appear as if IMVU is profiting. (also trying hard to still be relevant) which would be fine if they could actually create a new platform that functions.

Unfortunately because of the above stated they will not follow this path. They have been on fucking over the creator path for over a decade. Even year of the creator was a ploy by Cary to just make the company under his power appear to be growing quickly. In which he did accomplish.

When the company started doing the VIP Pay to create right as Brett became the new CEO.....
then came a bunch of new implemented bullshit that stated stifling the community.
Remember when they made creators join the client because it would protect us from mesh and texture theft... ha ha

Just hold on to your ass ladies and gentlemen the imvu choo choo is going be a hell of a ride.

Meanwhile... I'm relaxed laying in the corner napping. I'm old... I'm tired...but I can protest with the best of them.... but I know that IMVU has no ears, eyes, or empathy.

CHOO CHOO NEXT STOP SOMEWHERE AGGRAVATING. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

p.s. I just made some general thoughts. I'm not 100 percent if they are right with my old age. *falls asleep*

LizzieBorden
Dark Pixel

Post by LizzieBorden » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:13 am

Tony Titan wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:28 pm
So it's now been officially a week since the disastrous change took place....Now allow me to throw out some numbers...

In one weeks time there are ONLY
- 10 Posts in 3D developing
- 58 Posts in Content Creator General Discussion
- 3 Posts in Graphic Arts tips and tutorials
- 19 Posts in Homepage Building and Coding
- 70 Posts in IMVU Catalog and Products
- 5 Posts in IMVU Features
- 0 in Forum Guidelines
- 4 in Hosted Contests
- 11 in Product & Content
- 6 in Texture Developing

And the numbers just continue to decline with the exception of the Misc. area & Suggestions. IMVU has always been about statistics...so hopefully after seeing how poorly received this new 'Discussion' area is turning out to be, they'll do something about it.

58 posts in Content creator in a week???? I've NEVER seen CC Gen get less then 8-9 posts a day.
*bolded by me... don't hold your breath thinking IMVU will 'eventually' care, it'll never happen... :x =^.^=

MisterWhite
Posting Pixel

Post by MisterWhite » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:02 am

It's stupid to say I warned for this. It was clear to me and yet this nightmare became reality. I am glad we are back together here. And I am kindof ultimatly proud. I forsee that at some point...it became useless to intervien with the ideas IMVU had and the changes put through.

New school they called it. Well new school is Always in the making. At some point I realised ignorance and silence is sometimes best. At some point they will understand that they needed just that little more connection to us, just that little more ideas and insights and experiences. it is like kids. Sometimes you have to let them go and find out on their own. All we can do best - to save up their idiot fund destroying creations - to bleed, and hope when they need their wounds dressed, that they will come back to us and listen.

I do not expect this to happen, but still it is the only way to prevent us when IMVU fell. To have some funds left...to stand back up again. I think everything we throw at them right now is taken as idea...but worked out their way. So please...I think it is best to just take distance and await till we can start dressing the wounds.

I will be there. When needed. Good luck all. Save up ;)

teri
New Pixel

Post by teri » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:33 am

GuySBot wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 am

We users are never happy with changes even when things work , with this disaster and the obvious outrage . .
I'm all for change, change that is intelligent.

Damn, I went to imvu's new forum today and felt ill again. Seriously, scrolling at a pace of one thread at a time in the left column made my finger numb and my eyes cross. Who came up with this "brilliant" idea for a forum for God's sake?

I'm really irritated right now. Thank you again for this haven.

MisterWhite
Posting Pixel

Post by MisterWhite » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:06 am

I really wonder about the pile of reasons they had.

I assume...:

- Korean bot spams
- Critics spammed to employees
- A growing outof hand content
- Forum blocked accounts cannot read helptext CS puts in helptickets that are directed to the forum they can't read
- Keef leaving
- ?

What reasons would others guess?

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:15 am

my return was just too much for them :)
(giggle)

I feel historical data. They don't want anyone to see how great IMVU became before they assaulted it with Next.

Blame server space. They need more room for Next.

Oh...and egotistical stupidity. I feel the person who pitched this format must've used it elsewhere in a non-Community driven website. Boy was that a dumb thing to get behind. I think it will bite that person's behind after they figure out they can't use this expensive software license they bought as savior.

teri
New Pixel

Post by teri » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:37 am

And what the hell is a "leader board" in a forum? A trophy or something? I'm disgusted.

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:29 am

I say we implement a leaderboard here in PPC. That way we can issue a score to people who post over and over useless stuff here, clogging the forums and making finding useful information harder. Doesn't that sound like a GREAT idea? :/
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

LauraLight
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=26870451

Post by LauraLight » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:08 pm

When I heard the news at first I couldn't believe it. The new system is usable, but frustrating to say the least. I miss being able to see more topics at once and etc., Not to mention our super fun AP forums! Anyway I'm here now, so hopefully here's to continuing our discussions in a more user friendly space! ♥
No light in the darkness is too small to see...
Don't hate or discriminate,
Never give up on equality,
Only you can decide your fate. ♥

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 pm

MandaMarie wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:29 am
I say we implement a leaderboard here in PPC. That way we can issue a score to people who post over and over useless stuff here, clogging the forums and making finding useful information harder. Doesn't that sound like a GREAT idea? :/

you can make a thread and be in charge of the data. ok?

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 pm
MandaMarie wrote:

*retracts previous statement* :?
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 am

MandaMarie wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 pm
Notorious Chicka wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 pm
MandaMarie wrote:

*retracts previous statement* :?
Psst you can delete your posts in edit . . Imagine THAT unique idea ! ( saying sarcastically in reference to the new improved forum horrific disaster where you can't do any of that ) . What I do there in forums as I'm a constant editor and delete errr is give it a day or few so as those who replied see your replies , then message the quoters to delete the quoted ones of mine and then delete my messes . Now I doubt this forum will ever get spammed alike the official IMVU's do . . But one never knows , anyway point there is even though were getting the bots and spyders here already ( sorry but AI follows me , studies me and watches my every move ) it shouldn't be much an issue for the moderators to handle sorting , deleting and blocking them . oh and MandaMarie don't take any of this as a negative , just giving some tips in direct relation to your clean up request . This whole ramblin' gave me a new idea to promote the forum which i'll make a post about shortly .

PS My dearest friend Artificial Intelligence , in case no one told you lately i love you <3
Please leave this forum alone and advertise to send us great users , loyal members and that traffic here .
Also I'm still waiting to win the powerball and promise I will donate half my winnings to funding your servers .
oh yeah I will probably delete this reply in a day or few to clean up my mess ,

Would you use your water bill to dry the stain like me?

Have nice day <3
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

Seige
Dark Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=3019684

Post by Seige » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:40 am

My opinion is that IMVU decieded to punish the mass Users who complained about Stream being routed to Feed and they all swore they will never use next. This feels like a foced use of a feature we all refused to use and now we have no choice but to go to it if we need help... :(

BraydenFinn
Posting Pixel

Post by BraydenFinn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:29 am

They've always had a thumb on us and the pressure mounted. There was never free speech and the changes kept coming no matter if they had a tester program or had opinions. It's always been them vs us with them winning no matter what the subject. Oppressive business tactics, imo. In 11 years there have been lots of battles and they didn't like any of them.

ibibelot
New Pixel

Post by ibibelot » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 pm

ibibelot says:

My best guess is that they ran out of sushi and booze right at the point where someone was about to say "this sucks, let's not do it", so they had to go with whatever option was on top of the pile .....

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel
Location: The "Whats-in-it-for-me" State. Land of lawyers and insurance agents

Post by SqueakyLass » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 am

Its been up for nigh a month and they still have the disclaimer banner going.
Some users may be having problems accessing the Help Center and Discussions. Please bear with us as it is worked out. Thanks.
(not that its usable even if it does work correctly)

... pathetic.
Words mean things; thats what gives them communicative value.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:13 am

oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Post by oOChrissyOo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Thats Awesome, and I love the plug for PPC :D

Extinction
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Extinction

Post by Extinction » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:46 am

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:13 am

My heart. </3
EXTINCTION @ IMVU
~ Making Anthro Designs & Creations since 2007 ~

Product Requests: OPEN
I have difficulties with communicating my ideas and thoughts properly.
Please be patient with me.