IMVU Closes its User Forums Feb 24 2017

Keeping up with the goings on
SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel
Location: The "Whats-in-it-for-me" State. Land of lawyers and insurance agents

Re: IMVU Closes its User Forums Feb 24 2017

Post by SqueakyLass » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Ooooooo This is sooo pretty! Now, THIS is a forum! >squeak<
Words mean things; thats what gives them communicative value.

Suchie
Posting Pixel

Post by Suchie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 pm

I expect much more of the same is coming very soon. At least we are a creative bunch, and we have the ability to create our own community. :D

Mariposa
New Pixel

Post by Mariposa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:17 pm

This is definitely a new home for me to retreat to. I am sure I will eventually get use to the way things are, but I will never understand how they feel this was in the best interest of the community. I heard this change came by popular demand. I'd like to know where those demands came from because the community surely doesn't seem to agree. I was all for upgrading the forums not replacing them. Anyway, I am thankful I at least have this one to hold on to.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

SinfulBelle
New Pixel

Post by SinfulBelle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Suchie wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 pm
I expect much more of the same is coming very soon. At least we are a creative bunch, and we have the ability to create our own community. :D
I thinks thats whats annoyed me the most. i have made alot of friends over the years simply through communication in the forums. Thats effectively been ripped away from us. They clearly have no understanding of how the IMVU creator community work or interract with each other.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Let's make lemonade with all those lemons!

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:34 am

no chocy chocy chip cookies.....droollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

the big thing I noticed is that some people are posting for the ranking...grrrrrrrrr....which is no better than posting for tiers....issue is they don't bother to look at the already open threads and are repeating threads....

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel
Location: The "Whats-in-it-for-me" State. Land of lawyers and insurance agents

Post by SqueakyLass » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 am

WickedAngel wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:34 am
....issue is they don't bother to look at the already open threads and are repeating threads....
Who could look for open or repeating threads when, amongst thousands, only two at a time can be seen?
Words mean things; thats what gives them communicative value.

DestinySoulthief
New Pixel

Post by DestinySoulthief » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:48 am

SqueakyLass wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 am
WickedAngel wrote:
....issue is they don't bother to look at the already open threads and are repeating threads....
Who could look for open or repeating threads when, amongst thousands, only two at a time can be seen?
I was thinking the exact same thing, I thought there was something wrong with my screen because I couldn't see more than two.

I wasn't a forum regular but I helped when I could. It was so much easier to just go through the list of threads rather than scrolling two at a time.

Inescia
New Pixel

Post by Inescia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:44 am

I was very saddened to see the new discussions in place of the forums. I am trying to conform cannot say it any other way but it is very difficult for me. I am very happy to see this forum thank you so much for this.

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:09 pm

DestinySoulthief wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:48 am
SqueakyLass wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 am
WickedAngel wrote:
I was thinking the exact same thing, I thought there was something wrong with my screen because I couldn't see more than two.

I wasn't a forum regular but I helped when I could. It was so much easier to just go through the list of threads rather than scrolling two at a time.
I listed the latest issues to Shannon last night....you know like when you make a post but it shows on a different 'thread' or when you are reading a thread with 10 posts, only five are original and the other 5 duplicates of what's already been posted.... :roll:

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Shannon might pretend to care, but ultimately - I feel he doesn't.

Suchie
Posting Pixel

Post by Suchie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 pm
I think it's possible he got his little hands smacked when he tried to bring our voices to the table the first time, so he puts on a caring face now when he comes to us but knows in the end it's a losing battle.

LizzieBorden
Dark Pixel

Post by LizzieBorden » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 pm
*coughs... :twisted:=^.^=

Tony Titan
Posting Pixel

Post by Tony Titan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:32 pm

I, like some others, have been 'voicing' some concerns over IMVU's recent changes and lack of asking for input from their community (Us), to ShannonMac...and I'm not sure why, but his latest response to me has me....IDK....irked??? See what you think.
I am discussing the overall communication between IMVU and users but it will take time to see viable progress. From what I have seen the problems are arguably on both ends. More later. Best, Shannon
BOTH ends??? Did he just say we as customers are partially to blame for some of the moronic choices they're making???

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/DianaDeMysterieux

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Tony Titan wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:32 pm
I, like some others, have been 'voicing' some concerns over IMVU's recent changes and lack of asking for input from their community (Us), to ShannonMac...and I'm not sure why, but his latest response to me has me....IDK....irked??? See what you think.
I am discussing the overall communication between IMVU and users but it will take time to see viable progress. From what I have seen the problems are arguably on both ends. More later. Best, Shannon
BOTH ends??? Did he just say we as customers are partially to blame for some of the moronic choices they're making???
Quite frankly, I think Shannon is probably realizing that being IMVU Community Manager isn't as easy and/or wonderful as he thought it might be.

He's probably not handling things very well as he's more than likely being bombarded with the fact that most IMVU Users are not liking the new forum and is probably getting lots of complaints and/or nasty comments about it.
La Dame Mystere

Tony Titan
Posting Pixel

Post by Tony Titan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Yup, I totally agree with that. The other day his message to me clearly stated that the decision to replace the forums was made prior to his hiring on.

The only things I've basically 'bitched' at Shannon about is why can't anyone from IMVU ever discuss what they'd like to change/improve/upgrade....with their Community. I even threw their 3rd party surveys at him saying, "Have you ever looked at them? They basically ask people what they think of the product and if there was any complaints was the complaint handled in a timely/professional manner." That quote I posted above was his response to that...like I mentioned, I feel as if IMVU is blaming their own customers for being the way they are.

I know why IMVU won't talk to us....You can hire one Shannon or Varsha....have them as your 'liaison' between Staff and the Community....but then when He/She takes our opinions/complaints back to Staff, it's easier for them to shut down one person then an entire pissed off community.

LizzieBorden
Dark Pixel

Post by LizzieBorden » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:46 pm

SM is a lying mouthpiece for IMVU who was hired to spew their alternative facts - you know, like say, "you asked, we listened"... :twisted: =^.^=

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:05 pm

LizzieBorden wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:46 pm
SM is a lying mouthpiece for IMVU who was hired to spew their alternative facts - you know, like say, "you asked, we listened"... :twisted: =^.^=
I would have to agree with that, Lizzie.

At least Varsha went out of her way to make an effort to be sympathetic to the IMVU Community and sought to be as helpful as she could. Shannon Mac, with all due respect doesn't really seems to be quite as helpful or sympathetic, thus I wouldn't be surprised if some Users have been very unfriendly to him.
La Dame Mystere

Cracker
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Cracker

Post by Cracker » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Did anyone get any IMVU team messages in their inbox about this announcement? I was on vacation and I found out like a week late. I just want to know how much of a warning was there for this? If any?
Image Image Image

Tony Titan
Posting Pixel

Post by Tony Titan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:43 pm

Cracker wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:34 pm
Did anyone get any IMVU team messages in their inbox about this announcement? I was on vacation and I found out like a week late. I just want to know how much of a warning was there for this? If any?
Zilch...less then a day notice was given. And then it was by an Announcement in the forums alone. Word of mouth got it spread after that.

Sui2
Posting Pixel

Post by Sui2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:43 pm

Not at all. There was only the Announcement from ShannonMac in the Forums, one Day before they closed it.
That was everything they did, so most of the People (like you) didnt even have a chance to make a last Post or something in the old Board.

http://de.imvu.com/catalog/modules.php? ... p&t=643976

( beaten by Tony on this lol )

Cracker
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Cracker

Post by Cracker » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Wow! thanks for the info.. This is all very crummy. :(
There really should be more of a notice sent out for such a huge change in format. I still have not even used imvu next or their withmoji stuff.
You know, someone in a suit should realize sometimes its okay to have a website that isnt completely built for mobile phones.
Image Image Image

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:06 pm

wait...what....we aren't supposed to like Disgustion?

Tony Titan
Posting Pixel

Post by Tony Titan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:28 pm

So it's now been officially a week since the disastrous change took place....Now allow me to throw out some numbers...

In one weeks time there are ONLY
- 10 Posts in 3D developing
- 58 Posts in Content Creator General Discussion
- 3 Posts in Graphic Arts tips and tutorials
- 19 Posts in Homepage Building and Coding
- 70 Posts in IMVU Catalog and Products
- 5 Posts in IMVU Features
- 0 in Forum Guidelines
- 4 in Hosted Contests
- 11 in Product & Content
- 6 in Texture Developing

And the numbers just continue to decline with the exception of the Misc. area & Suggestions. IMVU has always been about statistics...so hopefully after seeing how poorly received this new 'Discussion' area is turning out to be, they'll do something about it.

58 posts in Content creator in a week???? I've NEVER seen CC Gen get less then 8-9 posts a day.

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Tony Titan wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:28 pm
So it's now been officially a week since the disastrous change took place....Now allow me to throw out some numbers...

In one weeks time there are ONLY
- 10 Posts in 3D developing
- 58 Posts in Content Creator General Discussion
- 3 Posts in Graphic Arts tips and tutorials
- 19 Posts in Homepage Building and Coding
- 70 Posts in IMVU Catalog and Products
- 5 Posts in IMVU Features
- 0 in Forum Guidelines
- 4 in Hosted Contests
- 11 in Product & Content
- 6 in Texture Developing

And the numbers just continue to decline with the exception of the Misc. area & Suggestions. IMVU has always been about statistics...so hopefully after seeing how poorly received this new 'Discussion' area is turning out to be, they'll do something about it.

58 posts in Content creator in a week???? I've NEVER seen CC Gen get less then 8-9 posts a day.

And the reason for the decline....

Because the "Discussion Board" is so dang confusing, there's no organization whatsoever!

I have been poking in the Discussion Board from time to time and as you pointed out only Misc and the Suggestions & Feedback have seen any activity and most of the time those "forums" are either filled with spam, ridiculous ideas and/or complaints from people say that they have been hacked, didn't get a pay out from credit offers or Surveys, paid for credits that they didn't receive or the usual "I got disabled for no reason".

It's pretty much becoming a useless feature that seems to be enjoyed by spammers trying to up their leader board score as if that is so important...
:roll:
La Dame Mystere