IMVU Used Our Products Elsewhere

Keeping up with the goings on
Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

IMVU Used Our Products Elsewhere

Post by Notorious Chicka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

I am just documenting this as News...since they made a pretty big mistake..and they haven't reconciled it with the Creator Community as of yet.

from December 9, 2016
Good afternoon Creators,

I want to start off by saying once again we are sorry for the way we used creator work product which meant that creators were both removed from attribution as well as remuneration.

Yesterday I met all day with my staff to discuss the details of how and why this happened.

But before I discuss that (I think you are owed an explanation), I want to say that I reiterated to the whole company the following tenets of our use of creator work products in anything we do.

Namely:

1. Always insure Attribution
2. Always insure appropriate Remuneration
3. Always notify (the creators involved).

I also reminded them that we need to use common sense and common decency regardless of what rights our TOS gives us.

These have been a protocol at IMVU for some time, however, as demonstrated by recent events, we failed to follow our own internal standards.

How did this happen?

This was my biggest question to my staff. It turns out that I was assuming there would never be a need to do anything but derive a creators work product – but because of a technology limitation at the time (which was fixed earlier this year to address bad actors), this couldn’t be done. The project that involved the use of these outfits started in 2015 and finished 2 months BEFORE we had fixed the derivation issue.

Therefore, the people involved were worried that creators could modify the original product in a negative way and that modification would break the use of their asset – again, this was an ability before we changed it midway through this year.

Despite the explanation I made it significantly clear to my staff and IMVU at large that this was wrong-headed thinking and we should have addressed it at the outset.

This cannot happen now, because derivations are no longer affected by changes to the derived original.

So what are we going to do?

1. We have put into place a gate keeper (former creator), who will review any and all uses of creator products and make sure that they are notified, that they are remunerated if appropriate, and that nothing in the use of the product breaks our tenets above. Additionally that person will also make sure there are no other problems with the products (violations of any of our TOS).

2. We have begun the process of assessing the amount of the damage in detail from the Remuneration side. I expect this process to take us into next week. Once completed any affected creator will receive notification of their remuneration.

3. Also, we will immediately start the transfer of ownership of every single object to the creator that owns them. This is not necessarily so they can sell the item themselves, but such transfer helps us in the Attribution of that object to that creator as they will no longer look like a staff item.

4. Additionally, we will be looking to change the thumbnails of those products to the creators thumbnail.

5. Lastly, the creators involved will be featured on the NEXT landing pages in the coming months to further get their name out to the rest of the community.

It has been a tumultuous couple of days and I realize just how angry we have made many of you and this truly pains me.
I want to – one last time – express our apologies to you that this happened.

Creators are the heart and soul of IMVU and we will continue to work hard for you.

All my best,

Todd (Segallion)
From January 18, 2017
Good Day, Creators,

I wanted to update everyone on the IMVU Derive mistake that we have been working on.

If you remember our stated goals were as follows:

1. We have put into place a gate keeper (former creator), who will review any and all uses of creator products and make sure that they are notified, that they are remunerated if appropriate, and that nothing in the use of the product breaks our tenets above. Additionally that person will also make sure there are no other problems with the products (violations of any of our TOS).

2. We have begun the process of assessing the amount of the damage in detail from the Remuneration side. I expect this process to take us into next week. Once completed any affected creator will receive notification of their remuneration.

3. Also, we will immediately start the transfer of ownership of every single object to the creator that owns them. This is not necessarily so they can sell the item themselves, but such transfer helps us in the Attribution of that object to that creator as they will no longer look like a staff item.

4. Additionally, we will be looking to change the thumbnails of those products to the creators thumbnail.

5. Lastly, the creators involved will be featured on the NEXT landing pages in the coming months to further get their name out to the rest of the community.

I'm happy to report that with the help of Jinx (a creator), we have accomplished 1-4 above.

The creators involved will note that we have added the credits to their balances, have turned the products back over to them and changed the thumbnails.

As the shop landing page is new, we are waiting for engineering to complete it's tasks to enable us to make more rapid changes, but we have submitted the creators to the process so they should see their products on the landing pages in the coming months.

I appreciate your patience on this - the holidays made the process longer, but I wanted to make sure each and every creator affected was handled before making this announcement.

With jinx involved in the reviews, and with our internal procedures in place I'm hoping we don't make such mistakes again...and again I apologize to those affected.

Happy New Year and all my best,

Segallion (Todd)
Director, Creator Program

Polystyrene
Pixel Princess

Re: IMVU Used Our Products Elsewhere

Post by Polystyrene » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:32 pm

The creators whose products were taken have been paid for the sales that were made and the products are returned to their catalogues. Also they are in the process of promoting those creators in the Next featured creators thing.

Zara
Sage Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keodi

Post by Zara » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:07 am

Polystyrene wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:32 pm
The creators whose products were taken have been paid for the sales that were made and the products are returned to their catalogues. Also they are in the process of promoting those creators in the Next featured creators thing.
Cool! It's a bit like being punched in the face and then having a free Band-aid stuck on your nose whether you want it or not ...

Polystyrene
Pixel Princess

Post by Polystyrene » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:55 am

FYI I had a product from an alt account taken. It shouldn't have happened in the first place but IMVU stepped up to resolve it. I don't really know what more they could do in this situation.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:16 am

Polystyrene wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:55 am
FYI I had a product from an alt account taken. It shouldn't have happened in the first place but IMVU stepped up to resolve it. I don't really know what more they could do in this situation.
Thanks for posting what was resolved. I brought this over since they are going to delete the old forums.

MisterWhite
Posting Pixel

Post by MisterWhite » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:17 pm

Apologies,..not taken. Also not needed though, but still. It is as I count it blunder number XX on his account. I keep the real score but I don't even dare to put it live here. It's in the 35+ now, that I can say. His staff lol....like he owns the place. it sure sounds "like a king".

So apologies not taken. I wonder what would happen to a developer that would make such errors? Disabling?

LizzieBorden
Dark Pixel

Post by LizzieBorden » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm not sure this is where I should put this, BUT I thought it was important to post here... IMVU is still STEALING our products, I'm reposting this from my pulse, if it's in the wrong place, please move it to the correct thread - ;) =^.^=

~~~

borrowed from my friend Vespera - because it's IMPORTANT for people to know, IMVU IS RIPPING US OFF:

Important info:

Developers Beware!

Spread the word, IMVU Is gifting people your Display Only products on Daily Spin. Hemloq , just got sent a birthday outfit created by DarkDeviL that was a custom piece. It is Set HIGH, On Display AND Hidden -- yet they are digging your customs out to send to all.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:05 am

Lizzie we are discussing here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=172

LizzieBorden
Dark Pixel

Post by LizzieBorden » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:16 am

Thank you Chicka, you may move or delete my post if needed hun! ;) =^.^=

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:19 am

LizzieBorden wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:16 am
Thank you Chicka, you may move or delete my post if needed hun! ;) =^.^=
naw..it just helps others to get there :)