IMVU Announces Major Changes

Keeping up with the goings on
Keef
Sage Pixel

IMVU Announces Major Changes

Post by Keef » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:27 pm

For IMVU's April First Anniversary we are excited to announce a fundamental shift in the company’s focus.

For Users at Large.

We will shift our focus back to improving the function of the IMVU Client over Next. Next should be an accessory to the client for when our users are on the go and not be thought of as a standalone product. We are not Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or another communication site, we are IMVU! Instead of copying what others are doing lets become the best IMVU that we can be. We became what we are by being original and unique, and offering what others were not. It’s time to get back on that track.

IMVU is about users having Custom Unique Avatar Identities. IMVU offers a level of avatar customization they can find nowhere else! We need to showcase that! Image sharing has been a huge way our users share their customized looks. We will be reworking photo sharing to become more dynamic and user friendly we will also be bringing back the functionality of the old photo stream offered.

IMVU Groups will also be getting an overhaul to give them proper forum functions so group owners can better manage their groups as well as adding UI customization so each group can be unique.

And while we are on the subject of forums, we hear you and agree. While the discussions are great for quick one sentence help situations, they are not a forum and do not foster any detailed conversations. We will be opening up a fully functional forum to replace the broken coded Legacy forums. We agree that The Legacy Forums are still a wealth of information so they will be archived in perpetuity.

Also on the communication front we have decided to expand our home office to facilitate our help support right here in our main offices. We will slowly phasing out our outsourced Customer Services team. All members of our team will soon have ready and in person access to IMVU staff for any and all questions they may need help with. We will also be implement cross training of all Customer Service staff so they get a better and fuller understanding on the IMVU Product and its User Base as well as train them on the use of Creator Tools.

For Creators

We understand that what IMVU users come to IMVU for is the ability to have chats in customizable avatars in customizable environments. Without that customization IMVU would just be any other chat site. You, our creator community is who we must thank for making the content that keeps our user base interested, active, purchasing credits and continually coming back for more.

We apologize for gifting your products over the years without your permission or just compensation. We will be changing promos sales to be voluntary on a per item bases.

For those who wish to continue offering promotional items to new users Tokens will also be able to be cashed in for VIP subscriptions, Room Slots, Name Changes, and other purchasable perks IMVU offers as our thank you to you for showcasing what IMVU offers to our new users.

Any time IMVU decides to give away a product, whether as a starter outfit, free spin prize, holiday log in gift, those will be pre approved by their creator before any product is used in such a way. We apologize for taking products without permission or notice in the past.

And for some long awaited news we will be finally rolling out a new catalog to replace the old one. The new catalog will have an entirely new organizational structure based on product type descriptions and subcategories, rather than the obscure category names we have now.

Creators will be able to customize the look and organization of their own creator shops, organizing things into proper categories. All categories a creator chooses to use will be visible to the shopper vs just the top used ones.

Users will soon be able to subscribe to their favorite Creators and receive notification when new products are available.

The Tires program will be getting a complete overhaul. We feel that IMVU has grown past the point of needing to reward its creators for mass submitting items to fill up the catalog. We will be shifting focus to more help creators who create successful catalogs over mass submissions. Setting new milestones to hit on the road to becoming an IMVU success will unlock new perks vs levels.

The Pro Label will be retired. It has proven to cause a great deal of anonymity within the community, as well as misrepresenting products as to which products are ‘professional' and which ones are not. All products and creator’s will now be judged on equal footing.

Upon study we have decided that Per Review does not accurately flag misrated content. Peer Review will be replaced by Staff Review. All failures will now include a detailed message to the creator on why the item failed review and what must be done to fix it. We will be increasing staffing to handle this increased load so a product does not wait longer than a few hours for approval.

We do realize that theft has become a huge problem in the IMVU catalog. We will be implementing a creating training test that all creators must pass before able to upload content to IMVU. While we know this will not stop all from uploading content they do not have commercial rights to we hope at least to educate them that what they are doing is illegal.

As we see there is a real desire for License Merchandise on IMVU we will be proactively contacting the major brands that continually show up in the catalog and see if they would be interested in having their licensed goods represented here. Creators will be contracted to create the officially licensed merchandise to be sold under that brand’s official creator account. All other product’s illegally using that brand’s name, designs, and or logos will be removed from the catalog.

For those receiving cash payments. Once your account has been approved and verified to receive cash payments those payments will now be expedited in a much faster manner. As you have already waited 14 days for payment we believe having to wait an additional several days to a week for us to process the transfer is unreasonable. We will now process your payout requests in 24 hours or less.

And this is just the start!

We want you to know we are listing to you! You are our customer base. You are what keeps our doors open and our lights on. Thank You for supporting us over all these years. We hope to support you back so we can continue to celebrate Many More April First Anniversaries to come.

Happy Anniversary IMVU!

And if you believe any of that, check your calendar.

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Re: IMVU Announces Major Changes

Post by WickedAngel » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:42 pm

What where did you find this Keef......I was starting to think about not creating due to all the issues on the site...seems someone may finally be getting the idea that thinks are hunky dory in IMVU land and that things should change and hopefully for the better...if they implement half of this I'll be stoked...glad the PRO is going...tiers being done over, the catalogue sorted and so forth...all things we have complained about for ages...

and they seem to have finally listened and are going back to a normal forum....that's not to say we are going to abandon this one...this one is great...

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:04 pm

I really hate the day this was posted on. Ahh, a dream come true, if it, just, could, please? >.<

I have been following my calendar for weeks waiting for this day.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Crap I forgot that it was April Foolsday still in the US....bugger....usually all pranks finish at midday here....and no wonder I couldn't find it in the announcement forums.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Post by oOChrissyOo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 pm

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA....
LOVE IT KEEF!! BEST April Fools Ever!!!

LuvableVenus
Posting Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/LuvableVenus

Post by LuvableVenus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Lol. What a crack-up!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though, actually here's a thought for the day. I see a Keef & Co take-over!
Wishful thinking I know, though hey a girl can only dream right?? :lol:

Extinction
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Extinction

Post by Extinction » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:40 pm

You had me for the first portion... until I read the "Creator" section and then I knew.

I hate this unofficial holiday. e_ e
EXTINCTION @ IMVU
~ Making Anthro Designs & Creations since 2007 ~

Product Requests: OPEN
I have difficulties with communicating my ideas and thoughts properly.
Please be patient with me.

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Post by admin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:42 pm

Was either this or turn this whole forum orange and white. :twisted:

(as I was on the job site all day the 'letter to the community' was easier to concoct, lol)
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:47 am

admin wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:42 pm
Was either this or turn this whole forum orange and white. :twisted:

(as I was on the job site all day the 'letter to the community' was easier to concoct, lol)
I was expecting something like an orange and purple banner at the top. Real NEON colors too. ;p
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/DianaDeMysterieux

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:23 am

LOL!

As I read this, at first I was thinking.... "Has IMVU finally come to their sense?"

But then I realize it was an April's Fool joke after realizing that...

1. It was too good to be true

2. Some of the misspellings gave it away.

But all in all, a great April's Fools Joke.
La Dame Mystere

Twiddybird
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Twiddybird

Post by Twiddybird » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:39 am

I'm devastated, I was reading and thought "Holy Shiz, someone hit IMVU over the head with a hammer" kinda hate you now Keef, I truly thought things were going to be put straight, I think we should have an election, elect a new boss for IMVU, I'd like to put Keef forward for this position.

gaf210
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/gaf210

Post by gaf210 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:22 pm

LOL thats mean buddy, you actually took the time to write all that XD. It does nice for a suggestion for imvu staff tho :P

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/DianaDeMysterieux

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:25 pm

gaf210 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:22 pm
LOL thats mean buddy, you actually took the time to write all that XD. It does nice for a suggestion for imvu staff tho :P
Yeah, it does.

But we all know the heads of IMVU well enough that they will not ever put their customers completely first.
La Dame Mystere

Lydie
New Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Lydie

Post by Lydie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Oh My Goodness. I was like finally and then I read the comments and just say DAMN. You really took the time to do all of this. I was hoping that they would actually implement these stuff. DAMN it.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:53 am

Keef.

You do realize I am going to run with this as a rumor......right?

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 am

yup....smack me....I put this in the disgustion boards...found the perfect place to post it :)

LuvableVenus
Posting Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/LuvableVenus

Post by LuvableVenus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 am
yup....smack me....I put this in the disgustion boards...found the perfect place to post it :)
Lol.

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 am
Lol congrats....thought about it myself but was busy and couldn't think of which section.

AThousandTales
Pixelicious
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=14873154

Post by AThousandTales » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:35 pm

*weeps* I thought it was a dream come true... and then I read the comments.
Keef, you're mean.

You're going to have so much trouble topping this next year. ;)

EsReverniDrawrof
Pixel Ninja Assassin
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/EsReverniDrawrof

Post by EsReverniDrawrof » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 am

* dead*

Thanks man. Can I tie your shoelaces together now?

Sui2
Posting Pixel

Post by Sui2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 am

Holy Balls! Here is the source LOL
This confused me so much when i found it in Discussions, man i was so happy! lol

Good Prank :´(

Curvaceous
Posting Pixel

Post by Curvaceous » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:50 pm

Holy Shit!!
I'm in London for a few days and only started reading this this morning. My heart jumped for joy, I told my frirnd with who I share a hotelroom the good news.
Until I saw the reactions. I hate you Keef!! DANG!!

Zara
Sage Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keodi

Post by Zara » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:32 am

Sui2 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 am
This confused me so much when i found it in Discussions, man i was so happy! lol

I don't visit Disgustions any more and I couldn't find it just now when I looked, do you have the link?

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:14 am

Zara wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:32 am
Sui2 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 am

I don't visit Disgustions any more and I couldn't find it just now when I looked, do you have the link?
IF I could find my damn posts....

Happy 13th Anniversary, IMVU! in IMVU News, Announcements And Release Notes is where I dropped it :)
https://help.imvu.com/apex/IMVUCommunit ... 00Y2Wu7CAF

Sui2
Posting Pixel

Post by Sui2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:26 pm

jepp that was the "thread". Sorry just checking back here today.