Making Texture Using Paint.Net

Help and Tips on Re-Texturing existing base products on IMVU
vienaxia
New Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=46080373

Making Texture Using Paint.Net

Post by vienaxia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:24 am

Hi! I will share a simple/basic tips and tutorial how to create texture using Paint.Net. application. To those who are interested to use this application, you can download the software from paint.net and get the plugin tools from Paint.Net forum here plugin index.

Recommended plugin tools To allow Paint.Net to open PSD files, you also can get Photoshop PSD File plugin I need a lil bit time to translate all my Paint.Net tips & tutorial from Malay to English version first (which I made for my IMVU groups). I will share it here soon. Meanwhile friends are very much welcome to share ideas, skill, techniques, tips, tutorials etc here.

Thanks & regards
vienaxia

vienaxia
New Pixel

Re: Making Texture Using Paint.Net

Post by vienaxia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:04 am

Basic Hair Texture

Tools that required
  • Noise
  • Motion Blur
  • Jitter
*I recommended pyrochild plugin

1) open a new canvas 256 x 256 > add new layer > fill with dark color:-

2) Go to effect > noise > add noise - my setting as below, you can setting more or less to get what you want:-

3) Go to effect > blur > motion blur - mu setting as below, the angle must be 90', for distance 25% -50%. Basic hair texture as below :-

4) Now we make a tone on the dark hair > add new layer > create a line or paintbrushes with any size you like, mine is 30px, darkgray to lightgray color or white for shining effect:-

5) Go to effect > distort > jitter > my setting as below (make sure the angle must be 90'), to get different or more jitter, you can used ctrl + F to repeat:-

7) repeat step (4) to step (6) by your own creativity, below is my sample, a simple and basic dark hair texture:-

Here is the result for my hair

Important Note: I also shared this tuts in Paint.NET Tutorial Group > http://www.imvu.com/groups/group/paint% ... Tutorials/

Happy creating!
vienaxia

vienaxia
New Pixel

Post by vienaxia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:14 am

Here a very simple and easy tips how to mixed hair texture from 2 basic colors. Recommended to beginner who wanted to mixed and match texture

Recommended tools
Selection tools - Lasso

1) Choose any 2 plain textures (you can download the plain texture from google image searh :mrgreen: ). For this sample I choose black & white texture

Image Image

2) Open the textures in Paint.NET. Using lasso tool, select any part of the image. Then, create crack patern or any kind of parterns you want. Copy the selection part

3) Go to another texture, add new layer and paste the selection part:-

4)You can use blurred technique on selected image to looks blend with the base texture. Save and apply the new textures in create mode :)

Happy creating! ;)
vienaxia

vienaxia
New Pixel

Post by vienaxia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:08 am

Basis Eye Textures Tuts

First of all, credit to UnlikelyAngel1 from Paint.NET Tutorials group because I got the idea created eye textures using Paint.NET from her tips. And also credit to Keef, because I always used his tutorials as my references.

Required tools:-
  • Noise - Add Noise

• Blur - Motion Blur

• Distort - Polar Transformation

Eye Uvmap:-

• 1.Open Canvas 256 X 256 - white as a background (Fyi, the retina part of the eye is actually no pure white). Add new layer to create a horizontal thick lines (75pxl). Leave some space at the top. You can use uvmap to tweaked grid space that would be left. Here I'm using blue:-

*Ignore Malay language in the picture (I posted this tuts in Malay in my blog :p. But some of my post I'd wrote in English too)
  • 2.On the 2nd layer with the blue grid used Add Noice (Effect>Noise>Add Noise) set the intensity & color saturation:-
  • 3. Then, used Motion Blurr effect (Effect>Blur>Motion Blur)to get below result:-
  • 4. How to change the horizontal lines become rounded lines? Used Polar Transfromation effect (Effect>Distort>Polar Transformation) change the blue grid to rounded thick lines. Follow below setting:-

• 5. Add new layer and create another horizontal thick lines (smaller than 2nd layer; size 35pxl or 50pxl ) on the top of the canvas.
  • 6. Apply polar transformation, adjust the size in Scale what size you want
  • 7. Create lense effect you like
  • 8. Add new layer. Create random pinstripe to produce eye veins using paintbrush or pencil effect:
  • 9. Blend the veins by adjusting Layer Properties (Tab>Layer>Layer Properties or press F4). Adjust Layer Opacity:
  • 10. Save in .jpeg and test the texture in Create Mode
  • 11. You can adjust or add more effect. Add new layer, create a curved boundary at the center of the canvas. Filled dark color on the top of the canvas. Use Gaussian Blur effect to blend the curved boundary (Blur>Gaussian Blur (20 pxl))
  • 12.Save & apply in create mod
Here one of Eye product i've made
vienaxia

vienaxia
New Pixel

Post by vienaxia » Fri May 05, 2017 2:17 am

Basix tut - How to create lace or stamp pattern

Hola!

Important tool - Alpa Mask
  • Choose any object or single pattern you want to use as your lace. For this tut, I used below single pattern. Copy the pattern - ctrl+C. You can resize the image to smallest size and copied it
  • Open Canvas, add new layer and fill with color. I choose gradient pink
  • Go to effect and search for the Alpha Mask tool. On Alpa Mask setting tick Invert Mask & Paste from Clipboard
  • You will get below result :-

If without canvas:-

Here a sample of texture I made for wallpaper using Alpa Mask tool

*Goodluck and happy creating!
vienaxia