Mairo's Skin Making.

Help and Tips on Re-Texturing existing base products on IMVU
Mairo
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_index.php

Mairo's Skin Making.

Post by Mairo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:54 am

Setting Up.

(Click on the thumbnails to get the full size)

First of all, I like to start from the head and work my way to the bottom as a way to organize my thoughts.

1)I opened my photoshop (Sorry Gimp users) and open up this image, you would notice that the layer is locked so just double click on it and press ok. Now invert the image and set it to multiply.

(You are going to have to figure out on your own what kinda of colors you want to shadow with, everyone has their own styles and preferences.I linked some in the Tutorials section if you are lost.)

2)Don't worry about the tones at this point, we will get to that later. What you do have to think about is how to organize the layers you are working with. I find color coding and using folders per facial feature helps the most.

For example: Red:Done, don't touch it unless you really need to!(Usually a seam) Green: Interchangeable with another green in the same category.(I use them for boob options and stomach options. Blue: Add-Ons, or things I am experimenting with.

Image Image

This is a screenshot of how I organize my Lisa Template, I don't name each and one of the layers, but I do try to group similar stuff together i.e Nose, Lips, Jawline, Eyelids, Highlights, Skull Shadows....so on and so on.

My face template always 512x512, (It doesn't distort) and I submit it that way; I know people use 256x256, but I like to add more details to my skins.
Last edited by Mairo on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mairo
Mega Pixel

Re: Skin Making.

Post by Mairo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:01 am

Making facial features with the pen tool:

(Click on the thumbnails to get the full size, a lot of these are actually gif)

When you switch to your pen tool it will have this option:
1)Switch it to shape.

2)The Fill option is to make a shape, while the stroke is the outline of the shape. For this example I am going to draw the eyelids, so I am going to use the stroke. So click on the fill option and turn it off.
Image Image

3) Now with the pen tool ready were are doing to make a starting point at the inner lid of the eye, and one at the outer end. Now one in the middle. Holding down Ctrl, drag along the point the creature a curve in the line. You can also click and drag the little stick things hanging on the side of the points, to adjust the curve further.

4)Now make a copy of the shape layer, and rasterize it so you can smudge it. I only do the outer edge of the line with a small fuzzy brush.
Image Image

5)Copy, select all and flip it horizontally. (I nudge it the layer three times to the left after I flip it)

6)Result.
Last edited by Mairo on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mairo
Mega Pixel

Re: Skin Making.

Post by Mairo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:04 am

Saving for my tattoo tutorial that I accidentally deleted the image for, so I have to them over again...Q.Q