Is Pixel Pusher forum slow?

Questions, Tips and Concerns about Creating on IMVU in general.
BunnyCakes
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=30837115

Is Pixel Pusher forum slow?

Post by BunnyCakes » Sat May 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Are new people joining? or has the forum gone dead?

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Re: Is Pixel Pusher forum slow?

Post by admin » Sun May 14, 2017 1:02 am

We have on average 1.5 new users that join every day. The majority are already established creators.

While we don't have a lot of posting activity we do have a heck of a lot of lurker traffic so people are coming here to read more than anything. I think our informational posts are a lot more comprehensive than any of IMVU's guides so they should be useful for many and keep them coming back. (again mostly used by lurkers.) I personally have been crazy busily IRL so haven't been visible but am away here at least once a day behind the scenes. Ahh, the life of a Mod, heh

I think the difference here is we have a surplus of helper types but not many in need of help so there isn't much 'help me' posts activity that used to make up the bulk of what went on in the IMVU forums. (but I also don't see that level of 'help me' posts activity in IMVUs 'discussions' either.)

I personally am happy with our growth. Quality over quantity is fine in my book. that said all levels are more than welcome here so if you are lurking and are feeling a bit intimated by the talent here don't be. We are all a real friendly group and remember what it was like to be overwhelmed in a new hobby so feel free to ask away!

Maybe we can do a general creator discussion topic every few days just to get more posting. Thoughts???
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

BunnyCakes
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=30837115

Post by BunnyCakes » Sun May 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks for the info. I agree quality of quantity is better. :) I guess I was just worried that the forums were dying because of the lack of activity. I try to help recruit new members whenever I get the chance. :) I understand and know how difficult it is keeping up with a forum. IMVU is just one of many things most of us do in our spare time.

Roy
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Roy

Post by Roy » Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm

I agree with the whole lurker thing. I end up sending people to the guides here pretty often. It has made my life sooo much easier. I klike being able to help people, but I get asked the same questions a lot.

With IMVU's old forums, I used to have to try to remember where the guide was or search for it, or have to talk them through things myself XD

I haven't really updated my shop thinger on here. I really should. XP

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Thu May 18, 2017 3:43 am

With the weather getting nice in some parts of the world which maybe the majority of users here .
A million and one reasons really , the advice I'd give there is you make the fun in your life by choice of involvement or not .
Myself here for instance at first I was pretty active but lately just been very busy , not all my topics or replies to others were
met with response but the more you get involved not only posting publicly here but talking to the other users . .
Adding them as friends , messaging here or on imvu or even searching them out once added into imvu and getting to see new rooms and the lives of those creators . I'd guess at this point there are always some Pixel Pusher members online in IMVU that'll be there to talk to ifso and inclined to when we run out of things to say on this forum .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Thu May 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Just a little something I took back when there was a lot of talk about Pixel Pusher in the IMVU discussions.

...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

Sui2
Posting Pixel

Post by Sui2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 am

admin wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 1:02 am
I think the difference here is we have a surplus of helper types but not many in need of help
I agree, i personally just have nothing to ask so i dont log in very often, just all few Weeks.
Like you said the majority of us are People who dev for Years and there is just missing the big amount of newcomers like we had them in the old official Forums daily. I dont look at Discussions@imvu at all and when ever i have something to find out i will use Pixelpusher.