Room Decorating (and problems)

Questions, Tips and Concerns about Creating on IMVU in general.
SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel
Location: The "Whats-in-it-for-me" State. Land of lawyers and insurance agents

Room Decorating (and problems)

Post by SqueakyLass » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:23 pm

i have spent a few hours meticulously positioning furniture in my forest inn only to come back later and find the items all on the front lawn! i cleaned the cache and rebooted the room and came back to find several items still on the front lawn, but they were different items.

i made a point of locking each piece in when i was satisfied with placement, but when i return to the room, random furniture is scattered abroad. What more can i do to stop this anomaly? :0/
Words mean things; thats what gives them communicative value.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Re: Room Decorating (and problems)

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Not a dang thing unfortunately.

I tend to have rogue products in every room. They unlock and move as if I have ghosts.

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Grrrr Dailing Rid-O-Gremlin

NickalisciousNick
Posting Pixel

Post by NickalisciousNick » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:54 pm

I had the same issue with one room and if you search the Forums it has been a common problem. I also discussed it with Lestat and the solution has to do with where you add your furniture and poses.

When you add furniture, more node points are created. If you add more furniture from the newly created node points, for some odd reason, the furniture does not stay in place and they all gather around the landing point of the room, when you first enter.

To fix the problem, add your furniture from the landing point. Then move it to the area you want to place it. Finally, drag it into position. Do this for all your furniture and poses, then lock them. Try this on two pieces first, close the room and reopen it. The furniture should stay in place.

I know it's annoying and a little time consuming, but it does work. Let us know if it worked for you.

Twiddybird
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Twiddybird

Post by Twiddybird » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:11 am

I too was having this issue often and found Lestat's idea on how to overcome the issue to be a great fix, it's worth taking the time to reassemble your room from scratch, loading furniture in at the landing point once just so you never have to adjust it every time you enter.

Daise2
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=91359500

Post by Daise2 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Ohhh, this is a great tip....I'd had this issue just recently so I've just cleared out the room and reloaded it all from the loading nodes....so far, so good :)

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:48 pm

i have tried to this when i mind it and i have also limited my copying items... so far, so good. Image

oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Post by oOChrissyOo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:17 pm

*FacePalm* Sounds like alot of extra work....Sigh....

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:43 pm

oOChrissyOo wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:17 pm
*FacePalm* Sounds like alot of extra work....Sigh....
the less that IMVU engineers must do and we all know how that turns out.

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Nope... doesnae work.

i loaded my items from the entry point and dragged them to their places. When i reloaded the room, everything is all on the front lawn again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Image

NickalisciousNick
Posting Pixel

Post by NickalisciousNick » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 am

SqueakyLass wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:14 pm
Nope... doesnae work.

i loaded my items from the entry point and dragged them to their places. When i reloaded the room, everything is all on the front lawn again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Image
Sorry to hear you are having problems. I was hoping that would work for you. Here are a few things to consider.

1- Try clearing your cache on the Client. I always hated that answer, but sometimes it does help.

2- Search the Forums to see if anyone had a similar issue and if there was a solution.

3- Check the Product Reviews of that room to see if anyone else is having the same problem. If all else fails, contact the room creator. Perhaps there was a problem with the initial design.

This was an issue with a new beach room bought by a friend of mine. It was a very large room designed by a well known room creator on here. That room had the same problem you are experiencing and more, much more! It took a while, but the issues were fixed.

***The funny problem with that room
My friend was adding pots of flowers to decorate the room. When he used the duplicate button, one pot disappeared. He shrugged it off as a glitch and thought he would find it later. He never did find it until he invited me to the room. While we were relaxing on some lounge chairs, I noticed what I thought was a bird, flying around the room. It was moving so fast, we couldn't tell what it was, so I assumed it was a bird. It took us a while to figure out, that was the missing pot of flowers, flying around the room.

We both had a good laugh. He tried to delete it, but it was moving too fast to click on it. lol I told him to leave it as a conversation piece. He did and it flew around for months, until the creator corrected it.