Troubles with GIMP

Questions, Tips and Concerns about Creating on IMVU in general.
DestinySoulthief
New Pixel

Troubles with GIMP

Post by DestinySoulthief » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:39 am

I wasn't sure where to post but I hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction to get some tech help with GIMP.

I took a little break from creating for a couple weeks. I've come back to GIMP misbehaving. I can't reorder my layers, click, drag and drop images and when I try to use a filter I have to click numerous times for it to take effect. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and I've tried googling for some help and searched through some GIMP forums, but I don't know if I just don't understand what they're saying or if my problem isn't there.

Has anyone else had similar problems? or just point me in the right direction because I'm starting to get a little too frustrated now.

Thank you in advance for any help!

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Re: Troubles with GIMP

Post by MandaMarie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:14 am

Can't say I ever had such a problem. Have you recently installed any new scripts that may be loaded when you start GIMP? If so, maybe pull out one at a time, then reload GIMP each time to see if maybe a script is being loaded that's having that effect.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

DestinySoulthief
New Pixel

Re: Troubles with GIMP

Post by DestinySoulthief » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:23 pm

:D Thank you!

I feel so silly now, until your comment I had completely forgotten I changed some UAC settings a while ago and hadn't changed it back.... click of a button fixed that lol

Thanks again for your help :D