Memorial Day

For all the things that don’t fit anywhere else
oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Memorial Day

Post by oOChrissyOo » Sun May 28, 2017 6:26 pm

On Monday, May 29 we will be celebrating Memorial Day. Many will be having celebratory family cookouts or gatherings. Why? Because Memorial Day makes the official statement: “Yes! Here comes summer!” Great, but let’s not ever forget the day’s real intent. This is the day we honor our veterans who have sacrificed and given the ultimate for America’s safety and protection. Past wars have never been fought on our shores. Okay, there were a few like the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. Check your history books for the rest. My point is that in today’s world unless we have a soldier in our immediate family, it is easy to take our military for granted. Viet Nam veterans fought under horrific circumstances and were highly criticized for what some believed to be a senseless war. Their service was largely dismissed. The truth is that every American soldier putting a foot down on foreign soil did so for our country; to protect and serve. My hope is that on this Monday, Memorial Day, we each take a moment to honor, thank or recognize our men and women in service. They do so much for so many. Let us not forget what we may have taken for granted.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Re: Memorial Day

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sun May 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Amen.
I will be spending my morning at the Arizona Cemetary for Veterans visiting my Daddy.
I already added my USA stuff to the Stang so I can make an entrance with all of the biker dudes who visit their friends and family there.

Thank you for your service - to my military friends...and to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.