Any other veggies here?

A special place for all you Magicians of the Kitchen. Dish on your favorite dishes here!
Zara
Sage Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keodi

Any other veggies here?

Post by Zara » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 am

Anyone?

I'd love to know I'm not the only one on IMVU who's vegetarian. :mrgreen:

oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Re: Any other veggies here?

Post by oOChrissyOo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:04 pm

*Raises my hand....Yes, I am :), and a VERY picker eater also....heh.

Zara
Sage Pixel

Post by Zara » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:11 pm

oOChrissyOo wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:04 pm
*Raises my hand....Yes, I am :), and a VERY picker eater also....heh.
Yay! I'm not alone after all! :D

Although I can't say I'm picky about my food, I'll eat anything as long as it's not meat or fish. Not much of a sweet tooth though, I prefer savoury!

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:40 pm

I am not a vegetarian by any means as, I do eat meat and anything else that's tasty and follows my normal diet. But, I do eat quite a lot of raw veggies. More than a normal person would so, I am close to one I guess? ;p Every snack is always a vegetable and always raw.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Not a vegie sorry...but do have some great vegie recipes if anyone's interested....including a vegie soup that's great, onion rings and potato latkes..oh and my mum's coleslaw recipe that has been making the rounds of my family for close on 70 years :lol:

oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Post by oOChrissyOo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:13 pm

I'd DEF be interested in Veggie Recipes :)

Roy
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Roy

Post by Roy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:36 pm

I am vegetarian. It was not hard for me to "convert" since I was usually too poor to afford meat, though I was never too attracted to the idea of eating it.

XD I am a bit of an animal lover. I can afford some nice veggies now. I have a few rabbits. (Four actually...blame my partner, I was not going to go over two xD) and I love being able to feed them the scraps or giving them a few bits from an apple or something. I sometimes weed the dandelions for my dad and give some to the bunnies. They are edible and I sometimes try eating them, but most end up going to the buns.

Mairo
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_index.php

Post by Mairo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:27 pm

I was a veggie when I was a little kid until my grandma said I would die if I didn't eat meat, so she fed me meat and now.....the floodgates had been open and stayed open, meat galore

Roy
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Roy

Post by Roy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 am

Mairo wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:27 pm
I was a veggie when I was a little kid until my grandma said I would die if I didn't eat meat, so she fed me meat and now.....the floodgates had been open and stayed open, meat galore
I have heard some parents saying weird misinformation to get their kids to eat meat (mostly because they could not be bothered to make a seperate meal for the one kid or do not know how to)

That is the first time I have heard someone say that you would die just outright xD That seems so traumatising.

Twiddybird
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Twiddybird

Post by Twiddybird » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:44 pm

I love animals and plants/veggies alike but I eat them ALL.. If it's fact that grass cries when you cut/mow it .. the aroma that you smell is indeed the grass sending out a distress signal then surely they have feelings too, I can't eat veg with a guiltless mind and not meat so to remedy this.. I eat it all. no favouritism :D

LillyQues
New Pixel

Post by LillyQues » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:08 am

♥ veggies!!
Although I'm not a vegetarian but always adding more & more veggies in to everything I make and enjoy savory over sweet. Recently seen an eggplant recipe shared on FB but base was marinara which isn't something I enjoy at all.. so trying to think of another type of savory sauce that wouldn't be overly loaded with bad fats or sodium.

~LillyQues ~
x♥x
~LillyQues~
~ xx

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:11 pm

LillyQues wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:08 am
♥ veggies!!
Although I'm not a vegetarian but always adding more & more veggies in to everything I make and enjoy savory over sweet. Recently seen an eggplant recipe shared on FB but base was marinara which isn't something I enjoy at all.. so trying to think of another type of savory sauce that wouldn't be overly loaded with bad fats or sodium.

~LillyQues ~
x♥x
why not use a relish type sauce...I have one somewhere that I use when I make chicken parmas...it's made out of tomatoes, garlic and other nice vegie/herb stuff....

will find and post it shortly...along with a few others (been stressing over child in second last high school year..

Mairo
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_index.php

Post by Mairo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Roy wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 am
Mairo wrote:
I have heard some parents saying weird misinformation to get their kids to eat meat (mostly because they could not be bothered to make a seperate meal for the one kid or do not know how to)

That is the first time I have heard someone say that you would die just outright xD That seems so traumatising.
She was not trying to scare me or trying to be lazy, she actually thinks that not eating meat will kill you, but her health is all messed up. xD

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Mairo wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:40 pm
Roy wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 am
Mairo wrote:

She was not trying to scare me or trying to be lazy, she actually thinks that not eating meat will kill you, but her health is all messed up. xD
My daughter has a couple of vegies in her year level at high school and all of them have health issues because they have to pop vitamins to cover what they don't get from their food...I get they don't want to kill animals and so forth, but a growing body needs certain things to make it healthier for it to grow to it's full potential....but some won't see it that way..

Zara
Sage Pixel

Post by Zara » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:10 am

WickedAngel wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 pm
My daughter has a couple of vegies in her year level at high school and all of them have health issues because they have to pop vitamins to cover what they don't get from their food...I get they don't want to kill animals and so forth, but a growing body needs certain things to make it healthier for it to grow to it's full potential....but some won't see it that way..
They have health issues because they have a poor diet, not because it's a vegetarian one.

I have been vegetarian since I was 9 years old and my body has grown just fine. I compete in triathlons and our yearly iron man contest where a few years ago I came 3rd out of more than 90 other women and 42nd overall. A busted knee holds me back nowadays, not my vegetarianism.

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Zara wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:10 am
WickedAngel wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 pm
They have health issues because they have a poor diet, not because it's a vegetarian one.

I have been vegetarian since I was 9 years old and my body has grown just fine. I compete in triathlons and our yearly iron man contest where a few years ago I came 3rd out of more than 90 other women and 42nd overall. A busted knee holds me back nowadays, not my vegetarianism.
I always wondered about that Zara....and of course most teenagers are picky eaters as well....but two of the girls are 'tallish' and are starting to stoop already...one of the girls dad is a chef and he cooks really healthy meals and still the daughter has issues......

Extinction
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Extinction

Post by Extinction » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 am

I am not a vegetarian, but I am very much pro veggies.

Whilst I love the taste and versatility with meats, especially chicken, I'm completely okay if I couldn't eat them any longer if I had to.
I was raised that if I didn't wat what was made, I didn't eat at all, and trust me, a few nights I went hungry.
But my parents were good parents, and showed me that just because I don't like something one way, to always try it another.
Which is why I ate everything with Ketchup when I was a kid LOL.

But besides all that, vegetables are great. They often can be cooked in so many varying ways that it's almost a challenge to find a way you can't cook them.

Alas, meat will probably be a very strong presence in my life tho. My husband, when I first met him was a mega meat man.. and slowly but surely I got him into eating veggies. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with IBS along side with Acid Reflex and we're still in the process of finding out if he has Diverticulitis.
AKA; most vegetables that cause gas, have seeds/small "objects" (for lack of words), spice, and acidic levels are a no go, nearly wiping out majority of vegetables. (This also doesn't include his personal dislikes... I swear I will get him to eat brussel sprouts, or as he says, "alien pods")
EXTINCTION @ IMVU
~ Making Anthro Designs & Creations since 2007 ~

Product Requests: OPEN
I have difficulties with communicating my ideas and thoughts properly.
Please be patient with me.

Zara
Sage Pixel

Post by Zara » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 am

Extinction wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 am
"alien pods"
Alien pods xD

I totally get that, I hated them when I was young because Mum would overcook them but now I can't get enough of them. I just barely show them the boiling water so that they stay crisp and fresh! I also love left over Brussels mashed up and mixed with lashings of malt vinegar, it's something I'd really recommend if he's okay with the vinegar. :mrgreen:

Varsha
New Pixel

Post by Varsha » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Not a vegetarian but love vegetarian food and being from India cook a lot of it.

Extinction
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Extinction

Post by Extinction » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Zara wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 am
Extinction wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 am
"alien pods"
Alien pods xD

I totally get that, I hated them when I was young because Mum would overcook them but now I can't get enough of them. I just barely show them the boiling water so that they stay crisp and fresh! I also love left over Brussels mashed up and mixed with lashings of malt vinegar, it's something I'd really recommend if he's okay with the vinegar. :mrgreen:
Yeah my mum used to over cook them as well... it wasn't until my grandmother steamed them that I then started to like them.
EXTINCTION @ IMVU
~ Making Anthro Designs & Creations since 2007 ~

Product Requests: OPEN
I have difficulties with communicating my ideas and thoughts properly.
Please be patient with me.

Zara
Sage Pixel

Post by Zara » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am

Varsha wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm
Not a vegetarian but love vegetarian food and being from India cook a lot of it.
Oh don't! ... Now I'm craving saag paneer and it's only 9am! :o

SqkyC
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/SqkyC

Post by SqkyC » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:52 am

I was vegan for many, many years. Not so much due to ethical consideration as dietary issues. I learned to cook 'alternate' recipes for all sorts of things, (never did figure out a good vegan meringue though!) often having to travel to the nearest city to find ingredients at a time when there were no ready made vegan products available. Well, not in this area anyway. I live in beef country.

I haven't been completely vegan for a while now, though I probably would feel better if I were. Animal products.. while some of them I can digest ok it is just better without them. I'd love to swap recipe ideas. :)

xWolfSpiritCSSx
Posting Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... =113128595

Post by xWolfSpiritCSSx » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:15 pm

I'm not a veggie BUT, I have 2 really good recipes from my grandma. 1 is a really yummy soup, that even my kids loved growing up. The other is a non-mayo potato salad, it's sweet/sour and most that taste it love it. Let me know, I'm happy to share.
Knights R overrated, if u want 2 protect a treasure ask a Dragon!