Ladies & Gentlemen! Introductions PLEASE!

Welcome to the Pixel Pusher Community Forums.
Here you will find out about our mission and our community guidelines.
Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Ladies & Gentlemen! Introductions PLEASE!

Post by Notorious Chicka » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Let me entertain you! Let me make you smile!

Oh wait....wrong forum! Take a moment and share a few things about yourself! Inquiring minds wanna know!

Here's me.....

Hi everyone! :::::::::::::: waves :::::::::::::::::::::::

I am the one, the only, notorious Notorious...aka known as Chicka...because I was originally ChickaFlicka in IMVU.
Confused yet?

Get ready there is more! I have a LOT of alternate accounts!

I have been a very active participant in many aspects of IMVU - and I am pretty opinionated about it's growth - even when they made a good decision ;)

11 years in...and I am still here so there must be "something" about it.

As a Creator: I make a wide variety of things that are typically spur of the moment necessities because someone mentioned in chat that they needed a donut..thus I make a donut. Therefore I am the girl who like to texture EASY meshes on the fly. Keep that in mind, will ya honey?

As a Role Model: I am a Greeter as a volunteer. If that counts toward anything. I was an original Greeter when our client was MUCH different and separate from creating. MISS THAT! I was a member of the AP and the CAB and voiced my opinion loudly on behalf of the User base when staff was listening. I have purchased well over 150 name accounts for users...because I could. I try to educate people instead of beat their ass when they make little mistakes like begging, etc. I have patience.

As a Community Member: I enter their contests. I support their changes EVEN WHEN they are retardiculous. I try to adapt. I even ran a contest to TRY to get Photo Stream artists adapted to that recent dumb move. I shop. I promote. I sponsor. I participate.

and finally...as a User: I love to play with the amazing things that other people create. I love visiting public rooms and parties and I am one of those evil people who enjoys the trigger dj scene. I like to dress up crazy and scare people.I have a demented sense of humor. And for some reason I make stuff that features poop more than one should....but I need it to have fun!

Too much?

Ok let's get a little personal.

I work in live entertainment. I am not a stripper.
If you really wanna know - ask me in chat :)

Your turn!

Don't forget to read the rules...at least once please.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Re: Ladies & Gentlemen! Introductions PLEASE!

Post by MandaMarie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Hello everyone, I am Manda. Well, in IMVU known as Manda, Marie, and MandaMarie. Pretty simple eh?

Well let's see, I am a dev. Nothing too insane but I like to mostly derive for myself. I also seem to stick mostly to AP products too. :( The majority of what I do make, I offer to everyone who may want to buy it. I tend to do customs for people as well. Collars, sometimes clothing and other attachments. A big part of my time here is also editing pictures. Mostly just of my own avatar but sometimes stuff for others as well. I know how to texture, and also like to make my own texture maps for things. Basically, I do all of this purely as a hobby.

Another side of me is, well, I love meeting people. It's like, an addiction. I love to chat. I can sit and talk to people for hours on end. Heck, even some chats I have can last close to 12 hours on a day off. :O So, if you ever just need someone to talk to, vent to, or anything really, I am very friendly so please hit me up by inbox, or even a random chat invite anytime. I specialize in being a good listener. On a side note, if someone was to randomly send a friend request, I don't typically add them, unless I recognize the name, or have some form of contact first. So if you do this, please send me a message with it. :)
Last edited by MandaMarie on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/DianaDeMysterieux

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Greetings Everyone!!!

I am Diana DeMysterieux, but all my friends call me Di.

I have been on IMVU for almost 10 years

As a Developer: I mostly create Evening Gowns, Casual and Cocktail dresses and sometimes Lingerie. Occasionally, I'll create hair (mostly for myself), sometimes stickers and used to create furniture (mostly wall hangings). I also create my own avatar pictures.

I have a fondness for Retro/Vintage look from the 20s & 30s, 40s, 50s and sometimes the 60s. I like Burlesque and I am a fan of Dita Von Teese.

I like Fantasy/Dark Fantasy, especially Vampires.

Favorite types of music are: Jazz, R&B, Pop, Dance, Techno, Rock, Classical and New Age

Favorite Colors: Pink, Purple, Red, Navy Blue, Emerald Green, Silver, Black, Gold

When I am not on IMVU I like reading and writing.

While, I am not a Chatty Cathy at first, I am cordial and usually easy to talk to once I get to know someone and always open to meeting new people and making friends.
La Dame Mystere

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel
Location: The "Whats-in-it-for-me" State. Land of lawyers and insurance agents

Post by SqueakyLass » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:10 pm

i am Audrey, pronounced Awd-ree (not Aw-jree, there are no Js in my name) In real world, people mostly call me Auddie but on IMVU, people just call me Squeak.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Raymond J Johnson Jr, but you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Ray Jay, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr, but ye doesnae have to calls me Mr Johnson.

i like raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens, colourful sunsets, and long romantic walks to the bank. [$̲̅(̲̅3̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

i work at a paint and decorating retail, so decorating on IMVU sharpens my skills (thinking of writing off my IMVU purchases as business expenditures).

"Hmm... Whats this about elf ears and kissing poses?"

i am Virgo; hear me analyze!
Words mean things; thats what gives them communicative value.

Keef
Sage Pixel

Post by Keef » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Alight, Keef here,

The name, well it was the silly nickname I was dubbed on Second Life, thought IMVU was silly when I first joined in 2005 and I couldn’t take the place seriously so I used my silly nickname… who knew what time would bring, heh.

In RL I also work in live entertainment. *curses the earworm the first line of the OPs thread started in my head* (If Notorious and I lived in the same state we would most likely have met through our RL professions, how’s that for tantalizing?) 8-)

History On IMVU:

-Joined in 2005, started making products in late 2005
-2006 Became one of the early Pros in the old system.

-Joined the Moderator team in 2006 and became their Head Mod for several years. I may have to share some of my monthly mod report highlights from those old days, its tragically funny how the issues then are still issues today. (this is why a lot of the forum rules and sticky posts read like stuff you would find on my website and why my IMVU tagline reads what it does.)

*waits for peeps to go look at my tagline*

-Resigned from being their mod when they started more restrictions on what we could discuss on the forums that I fundamentally disagreed with.

-Was on IMVU’s Content Creator Counsel. (also why some of IMVU's tutorials read like Keef speak)
-Was on IMVU’s Access Pass Council and the Customer Advisory Board.
-Was Lead on getting IMVUs Creator Help Room up and running.

-Most known by users on IMVU for my rooms, or derives of them.
-Most known by creators because of my website.

For Relaxing

-I’m a YouTube and Podcast Junkie
-Currently binge watching Hulu’s Black Sails
-I love playing city builder games as well as RPGs. Remember the Sunwell ;)

Yes, I do really have chickens IRL so when peeps say Keef is out playing with his cock when I’m AFK, oftentimes I literally am.

ChocolateCookie
Pixel Mod

Post by ChocolateCookie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:39 am

Well hello everyone, It's nice to meet all of you!

My avatar name is ChocolateCookie but you can just call me Cookie. Some of you will probably know me from the IMVU forums. I've actually been on IMVU for 9 years but I was not a very active part of the community for the first few and this is my second account.

I started to create in 2011 and I started with no knowledge what so ever. I'd never opened PS or 3ds max or written html or js. Which was exactly why I started to create, I wanted to learn something new with the free time I had. This is why I am so passionate about helping other creators now, because when I needed help starting out, the creator community was there for me and patiently helped me all they could despite my English probably being terrible and that they had probably had to answer the same questions I had thousands of times already.

Being a creator has taught me many useful skills, helped me through some rough times in life and given me the chance to meet some pretty awesome people. But I must admit, I am no longer very active as a creator. There are a few reasons behind this but the biggest one is how I was treated by IMVU and IMVU staff. What bothered me more was how the creator community was treated by IMVU in general. Very often, they just haven't cared about us, which is why we need to care for one another. Now i just create whenever I feel like taking a break from the rest of my life and whenever someone makes a request to me. I love doing requests and will generally happily do them for free because I love being given new ideas and to be able to give people something they like and have been unable to find. I've tried Meshing, but I'm not very good at it so for now, I stick to texturing.

On IMVU, I also used to be a greeter, but not for very long. Nowadays I just like to keep to myself, hang out with a few good friends and make silly outfits. Will always happily respond to random messages and chat invites though.

During my free time outside of IMVU, I enjoy baking, practicing martial arts and being active in general. I enjoy many other things as well. I do love cookies, although I like baking them even more, and my favorite color is tyrian purple. Feel free to pm me or invite me if you'd like to know more.

Sui2
Posting Pixel

Post by Sui2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 am

Hello everyone, im Michelle or Sui...whatever you prefer calling me.
Im German, please dont mind my basic english. lol

Thank you to Manda and Chicka for telling me about this.
Im really happy to see this Forum.

Good Luck to the Owners, Mods and Users here,
im sure this Board will grow and rock!

Greetings

Curvaceous
Posting Pixel

Post by Curvaceous » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Kitty here.
Yep, my RL name. I live in the Netherlands.
Started on IMVU april 2007, my first account is named PrettyKitty.
I began developing exactly one month after I joined otherwise I would have left very soon. Just chatting never was my goal although I had some pretty good and fun conversations.
When IMVU started the international forum I was asked to become a forum moderator. I didn't have more than 34 post there but because I was very active in the translation section of the site (I was the head moderator for the translators for a short while) they probably saw me as a good candidate.
After 2 1/2 years I quit. I totally lost my creativity because of the job and so I decided to continue with my other account, this one, that I started in 2008.
I'm a helproom moderator and I was a new user greeter but that was not my thing.

Last November I decided to be less active overall. I haven't designed anything since then. I don't like where IMVU is going too, dislike Next, dislike the attitude of the new generation that took over the site.
So now I mainly create in RL: miniature furniture which I enjoy very much.
Please check my Instagram account: kitty.creates.minis

Thanks.

SqkyC
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/SqkyC

Post by SqkyC » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi all :)

I've no idea what to post here, so I guess I'll just say that I joined Imvu in 2008 in order to play with their toys. lol
I had wanted to learn how to do 3d objects on the computer for a while, I just had no opportunity. (old computer(s), no money for new stuff) I dabbled in graphics, photography and personal home pages for a while. After a divorce and subsequent move (ex got the computer), when I finally had access to a computer that could handle even a basic graphic program I looked into second life, saw the requirements and was dismayed. Then I found Imvu. :)

This is my main account. I do mostly texturing and have a few furniture derivables. I am still learning the ins and outs of Blender. I have a couple of other dev accounts, though I don't want to post them publicly here ONLY because I want to keep them completely independent from each other. (many of you know already or can guess I am sure lol) I was fortunate to scrounge together enough money to buy the names literally like a week before imvu changed to the vip requirement. This is not a full time occupation for me so my catalogs are still pretty small. I dabble when I feel like it. I play other games online intermittently. Since moving in with my bf all the rl hobbies and the seamstress business I used to have have been put on hold (12 yrs now) as I cannot do them in this environment so any creative urges must be done in pixels. (old house in bad repair and severe allergies -my health is environment related and I have been unable to work since moving here)

Um... what else... I am a cat person, amateur genealogist and have an interest in cold cases and missing persons. :)
My interests tend to move in cycles. See my interest panel on my hp for more - now you see why my catalog is small. lol

It's nice to be here. :)

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Afternoon all....I'll avoid the aussie greeting for now....

I am WickedAngel...used to have an NB at the end but then a guest account didn't use the straight out WA for a long time so I got to drop it...on the web I use Roo (thanks to a couple of nasty exs...makes it harder for them to find me) and few know my real name....

I've been on IMVU for 8 years on this account...had another one for a brief period while snooping on two of my kids as to what the site was...(it was the two separate boxes at the time)..I started to create pretty much straight away when I joined as the things I was interested in weren't in the shop....I was trying to reengage my brain to learn stuff after having cancer treatment and this seemed like a great place to do it. Met some lovely people and some extremely helpful ones back in the day (Hi Keef, Notor and the rest) and then got kinda hooked on helping in the forums...I started out texturing (I remember getting the first version of photoshop with the first digital camera I ever bought back in 99) and then moved onto meshing thanks to my son...

outside of IMVU, I have five rats...I mean kids...ranging from 26 down to almost 16....two autistic sons and a severe ADHD son...the two girls are supposed to be normal....yeah right...I've raised them pretty much by myself now for 15 years.....nearly time to find a friend with benefits...once the youngest is off to uni....

I also love gardening....quilting, cross stitching most things crafty.....I also loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee netball (quiet Daise) and got my C badge at the end of last season at the grand age of 52....my youngest should get her B badge this year....

love cooking lots of different foods but especially asian....chinese because of family heritage, korean because my girls love kpop but also italian and anything good.....

ok time to go and iron umpire shirts....

TiaraStone
New Pixel

Post by TiaraStone » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:59 am

Hello everyone Raf here :)

also known on IMVU as TiaraSone and Motero, married in real with MissMaya and on IMVU since 2007 and meshing accessories sinde 2009.

Real life we do enjoy our animals and Biking here in Spain, there is not really much else to say simple and happy life and enjoying every second of it.

Really appreciate that this forum was build as the new forum is truly a mess, so greetings to everyone and looking forward that more developers join the forum.

Happy days :)

Varsha
New Pixel

Post by Varsha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:37 am

Hello everyone,

Joining in the fun thanks to an invitation received! Hope everyone is doing well.

I am thoroughly enjoying my new career adventure as well.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:12 am

Varsha wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:37 am
Hello everyone,

Joining in the fun thanks to an invitation received! Hope everyone is doing well.

I am thoroughly enjoying my new career adventure as well.
You made my day!

AwakenFire
New Pixel

Post by AwakenFire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:30 am

Oh my what is there to say about an AwakenFire? Well been on imvu since 12/27/07 and have 2 other alts to play with. I have never ventured into being a dev, but am a supporter when I can be. I will never bother with buying v.i.p. ever again as it was a nightmare when I realized imvu won't bother ending the subscription payments after you cancel v.i.p.....Idk just feel it need to be done on their end not ours!

At times I miss the old client with being able to view 4 chats at once! I just never thought I'd remain so addicted to being on here day in day out for almost 10 years. I love getting to know people. I am a healer somewhat shamanistic, but mostly I work with energies. Oh and I don't charge a fee for helping people feel better :) I tend to talk about e.t's and the angelic realm once I get to know people.

It is great seeing familiar faces popping up here! Maybe new friendships are on the horizon due to the fall of the imvu forum!

Hugs to all! Blessed dreams!
~Fire

BraydenFinn
Posting Pixel

Post by BraydenFinn » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:52 am

Hi all, I'm Finn and if you frequent the Off Topic forums, that's where I was most visible.

I've been here going on 11 years, sort of hard to believe. At first I was shy and quiet and didn't get online much. Now I'm a lot more secure in myself and drop in wherever I can, whenever I can.

IRL I'm a Health Care Professional and teach full-time.

It's been heartbreaking to see what's happened to IMVU over all these years. It's gotten to the point that I'm ready to say bye-bye, but I've got too many friends here and you have to admit, IMVU is addicting.

Thanks to Keef and Chicka for getting this forum up and running. Daise2 sent me over and I'm happy she did. I'm sure we'll learn more here about IMVU that we ever would over "there".

Cracker
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Cracker

Post by Cracker » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Hello everyone
I am not too great at introductions but I will give this a go

Ive been an imvu user for gosh 11 years now, but I made my current account in 2009 as I wanted to try the creator program! I saw a lack in more flamboyant male items and you know, filled my own void.
I wasnt too active on the imvu forums the passed few years, most of my time was spent there before GASR was removed. I am excited to reconnect with the forum community! Thanks!
Image Image Image

DylanTalyessin
New Pixel

Post by DylanTalyessin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:09 pm

I feel as if I have spent my life on IMVU, having been here 10 years this month.

This all began for me as a dare. LioraeSaeihr and I wrote on a StarTrek Sim together for years and she introduced me and several others to IMVU. I had no idea how to create in the Previewer, had never really used Photoshop often and what I have learnt over the years amazes me. I have dabbled in Sketchup, however, RL simply does no allow time enough to learn. Perhaps someday.

I live in the UK, enjoy football, rugby, darts, diving and all outdoor activities. Presently sidelined wi an injury, so plenty of time to create.

Thank you to Keef and Notorious and all the others who have worked to give us a place to voice our thoughts and to help each other. I did no post often in forums, yet gleaned them for information constantly.

Best to all and I hope to be able to contribute whenever possible.

*Waves to Lizzie* -^-^-

Potablava-Sargantana
New Pixel

Post by Potablava-Sargantana » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi all! my nickname can looks long, but this is due to I'm showing my both Imvu nicknames: main account and alt. I've landed here, surely because Imvu blocked forums. I'm not english speaker, and I have no idea if I will suffice time to put my eyes here, but.. I'm glad to be here, and discover a new place. Greets to all.
Ah! and I'm not going to translate all, I'm going to read in diagonal: my apologies :D

*Nite nite!*

Isuki42
New Pixel

Post by Isuki42 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:58 am

*waves hello* IsukiyomiSue here :D

So glad to find this forum! An actual forum! What a concept!

Amazing that IMVU's users are so much better at providing proper stuffs.

I've been around since June 2007; former DOC moderator; avid Streamer, refuses to be a Feeder (check out the world of fetishes and you'll understand why I won't be labeled as such - eww); paralegal by profession.

Off to check out the threads - thanks for giving us a new home!

oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Post by oOChrissyOo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Helloooo Everyone, 'First of all, I'd like to say: Its nice to meet all of you :)
I've been on IMVU for 6 yrs, will be my 7th year in August.
I'm just a sweet fun-loving girl who loves to have fun, and be spontaneous and random crazy at times.
I love chatting and hanging out with just about anybody... Unless you cross me, or my friends...
I am a Pediatric Nurse in RL, and I love my job...even if the hours are crazy, and No...I cant tell you what kinda rash you have by description alone.....
My years here on IMVU have been um..lets just say Interesting.
I have a big interest in DJ'ing, and love doing it when I get the chance, AND when anyone is willing to appease me by listening..lol
The friends I have made on here are awesome. And Ofc I cant forget to mention my BEST Friend, on here: Notorious :)
She is by far, the best friend anyone could ever have. She knows how to make me smile even when I don't want to, and she knows exactly
how to calm me down when I get overwhelmed. And she is just as randomly crazy as me...which is perfect.
I will say, my time on here is usually always a good time..with LOTS OF COFFEE!!! Did I mention I LOVE Coffee??
I look forward to this Forum being the best we've ever had, Thank you Keef!

gaf210
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/gaf210

Post by gaf210 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:20 am

Heyas all! nice to see so many familiar faces in here :)

Well i'm gaf, 32 years old software developer from Argentina. I've started in imvu 11 years ago, when i was shown to it and i could not believe how smooth it ran in such a crappy comp i had back then. I was a huge Sims fan so seeing this sort of look alike of avatars but with real people was an exciting idea, being able to earn enough to customize your avi and buy houses too, i found too many similarities to get interested :P

At first, i got sort of interested in the Homepage styling side of imvu at first, but it was until i checked the forums and saw many people asking for questions i could help with, then i got more interested in the coding side of this all. I was in college at the time so it was something where i could finally show what i have learned in my uni years :) from there it basically took off, to now having coded over 2.5k homepage layouts and product pages, having 7 imvu related websites, and some more stuffs i might be forgetting. So its been one hell of a ride so far hehee.

I also like much the social aspect of imvu, im very sure i have seen most of you in chat during these 11 years and that makes me happy as well, imvu differences itself from others for its great community of talented people, and im glad to see so many of you in here as well :)

At what creating goes, Ive started on it as a way of getting creds to be able to gift my friends. Im not that much of a great developer, always struggled to make textures look good and it was always a pain for me, as i was not able to get things to look as good as i wanted lol. So then i tried to focus myself in meshing, that way i sort out the texture side of things while at the same time, making unique things for people to derive from :) I mesh weird stuff btw, you can check my catty on my signature :P

Thanks keef for making a safe haven for us in here!!

LizzieBorden
Dark Pixel

Post by LizzieBorden » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:34 pm

*waves to Dylan, so glad to see you here... :D

& *waves again to all my friends & the ones here I don't know (yet) ;)

I'm Lizzie & I've been at IMVU for over 10 years now, as anyone here that knows me knows… I'm pretty anti-social except through messages… I rarely (if ever) use the client to chat, if I’m in-client, I’m either creating or taking pictures for product pgs., never to chat…

I started using IMVU's forums the second I joined IMVU, as I was a global mod for (*coughs, YES I'm old) RCT (Roller Coaster Tycoon) for several years on Atari’s website, a ‘global’ mod means I was responsible for modding ALL the threads, it was a tough job (since we do it for free) But I loved doing it, talking with people from around the world, & had fun creating RCT rides & parks, so it was natural for me to start in forums, as I know (generally) it’s usually the heart of any website (it’s where the real people are)… ;)

Anyways, I’ve been married to my hubby for just over 36 yrs. now, he has a couple of accounts too, but IMVU’s not really his thing… I joined IMVU because it looked like a place I could do a different type of creating, I love art & I LOVE seeing all the amazing things people create at IMVU, I’ve learned a LOT creating at IMVU, before IMVU, I NEVER heard of a mesh, a texture, I barely knew what Photoshop was, taught myself everything I know through reading tuts & trial & error, worked my way up to original pro, then along came tiers… Now, I don’t have the drive to create much because tiers took away my pro status… :cry:

So now I just do whatever, check messages, create whenever I feel like it, take product pics, etc., they took away my pro, took away our resellers, took away photostream, took away our forums, etc., etc.… :?

I’m VERY grateful to people like Keef & Gaf who keep us all connected because they actually care!

I probably seem like a bitch in forums to some of you who don’t know me, but I was born & raised in a time where we spoke up & always questioned authority if that authority is abusing their power &/or treating people unfairly… I believe in the old adage “The squeaky wheel gets the grease”!

So, I’m sorry if I appear brash, but I’m always trying to do the right & just thing, I believe even if a cause doesn’t personally affect me, it’s still important & should be supported! ;)

But I hope I didn’t bore you to death with my rambling! I’m REALLY happy to see so many familiar faces (& new ones too)! Thanx again Keef for putting this together for us! :D =^.^=

yokoed
Prolific Pixel

Post by yokoed » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:11 pm

yokoed is over the hill older than dirt unofficially retired 17 1/2 years postal employee.
Because of my age I usually keep to myself as most users are younger and hard to find many
older people but I'm usually hanging around in the background keeping up with the going-on's.

I used to play a game on line called acrophobia which consisted of two teams playing against
each other with 7 people on a team.
One of the people I played against sent me a link to IMVU and asked me to join in 2006.
At first I looked it over and wasn't that interrested but they kept inviting me to chat.

Then as they bought my avatar clothes and such I bought a package deal including credits,
AP and the works, it was the first and only time I spent money that IMVU made off of me.
I became a mesher starting with sketchup at first then 3ds max, and never needed to buy
credits again. As in 2006, '07 imvu was young and with litle products that were derivable
I was able to buy and make things without worry.

Then with all the changes being made I simply lost interest in mesh making and imvu in general
and more then anything just laid back collecting credits and not participating as little as possible.
I'm here to keep chicka in line (just kidding) over the years with her, goose and the oldies
was the "good ole days".

Every now and then I might do something new because I'm hooked on 3ds max and photoshop.
I may not be well known but thats the least of my worries. With imvu showing new users
the first items you made instead of the last things submitted was a determining factor in
not doing much anymore.

If I get messages I will respond to them as I recieve them and I used to help people in
the 3ds max forum but that fell by way of the curbstone. If I'm on line it's probaly
because I working on a mesh seeing how in looks in client. And Polystyrene puts up with me when
I need help with my meshes, big thanks to her.

Well enjoy you time here and have fun.

yokoed.

oh don't forget to click that banner below here...
^
Last edited by yokoed on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Aloha I am GuySBot

I'm from New York , not the city but upstate in the country where it's streams , rivers , farmland and mountains but in the suburbs so it is probably very much like anywhere else in the world . I've been online since the internet and on imvu around 10 years now . A grrl I know was the 7th person to sign up for IMVU and dragged me over into it from yahoo messenger - chat . In the start of my IMVUing alike many other networks I became a teacher and know it all with lots of friends from all around the world . Talking to thousands of people and those users sending others to me for help , i got tired of typing the answers so I set up a few home pages as tutorials . Pre-IMVU same thing where i was one of the first to use automated bots and macros in which I could hold entire conversations by pushing a few buttons . Some of which were copied by other apps/IMVU and many user until I inform/ed them assume I worked for 'em . Other online work ive helped quite a few varying levels of fame some of whom I'm sure you've all heard of develop those online entities wether that be teaching self promotion or promoting them with insight , spyders and bots . I probably should now apologize for creating the bot world many of you who are in the know are perhaps annoyed by .

Life happens and always been a lot of hardships in mine but I love life and every second of it . So within IMVU I come and go , sometimes for days , weeks and even years things kept me away . Really wish I had been able to keep at it ( IMVU ) over the years and hadn't been away as this is quite a set back in many areas .

Anyways I'm back at it for the time being and enjoying my time creating stuff which is mostly only items for friends and myself . Also designing my masterpiece which I'd encourage you all to scope out my main room which is Arcade Bot . It is quite unique to IMVU , I've never seen anything like it but this isn't to say the simplest rooms to the most elaborate mine is any better or worse . IMVU is all about adding friends and the interactions within so the rooms and clothes are of no matter . A little about my fantastic game room is its your typical arcade but its an arcade inside an arcade and you can go inside some of the games . Basically I built a game room / arcade , it is your basic square room so I had the idea to take ( screen shot ) pictures of it from those four outer angles then use them for the wall art thus creating a box with those pics that you are inside . This has an infinity mirror affect and as I add stuff I will keep re-taking the pictures so it is always freshly updated . I then enlarged a claw machine so it goes around the entire room thus you are in a giant claw machine . Then I got the idea to add another arcade / game room outside the main room so all my created game cabinets are also enlarged thus an arcade outside the main arcade . Next I shrunk down things like the teddy bear and cat couches etc and placed them inside the claw machines in the main normal size game room so you can also go inside the games in there . Which ends up being like 3 rooms of varying sizes all within each other . Perhaps hard to understand and sorry if my writing is confusing , had to be there I guess .

I've been working on this same room for around the whole ten years I been here and it has over 100 games most of which aren't playable as I've found most people aren't on imvu to play games . It does have bowling , pool tables and a few other playable . Plus to keep the kb's down it helps that most all the games aren't flash . Most of the games in IMVU aren't so well done in comparison to the same you can play elsewhere .
Even so the room is around 15k . . It takes a few minutes to download but it is worth seeing once . I've found most people don't come back which is due in two parts , mostly from my absence as without a host that is how it goes . Also it is just too overwhelming as most users prefer basicness and our generation click society has no patience to wait a few minutes for anything let alone my dumb game room to load . Hopefully IMVU will overhaul someday and larger sized rooms will become the norm as well eventually I will get in there and tune up the flash games so they are more like the originals and actually fun to play . A lot of the games are mock ups of IMVU users with their avatar pictures featured on them .

Let's see , well . . as you see my writing I come off a byte brunt and especially on forums end up with a lot of frenemies .
I tend to argue the weaker side and defend the underdogs even when I'm usually in agreement with the majority . For the most
part even if I seem a know it all or better than anyone else I don't feel that way and a lot of what I write is intended to be humorous .
While it may not come off that way to some , believe me it always makes me laugh to be here joking around and having fun with ya'll .

You can find me on most all social network sites as guysbot , feel free to add me and don't be shy to message or whatever you wish .
Especially if you need help with anything or just a friend to talk to , that is my specialty and why were all really here .

PS - way back in the early days of IMVU I fell in love with ChickaFlicka's stickers and products so still have em ( her big heads ) on my homepage .
I seen Notorious chicka posting about this forum as I've been a fan of hers forever and while I'm sure all of you already know how fantastic her royal awesomeness is and products are I'd highly recommend scopin' em out . So that is how I got here and look forward to interacting with all of ya's .
yokoed wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:11 pm
yokoed is over the hill older than dirt unofficially retired 17 1/2 years postal employee.
Because of my age I usually keep to myself as most users are younger and hard to find many
older people but I'm usually hanging around in the background keeping up with the going-on's.

I used to play a game on line called acrophobia which consisted of two teams playing against
each other with 7 people on a team.
One of the people I played against sent me a link to IMVU and asked me to join in 2006.
At first I looked it over and wasn't that interrested but they kept inviting me to chat.

Then as they bought my avatar clothes and such I bought a package deal including credits,
AP and the works, it was the first and only time I spent money that IMVU made off of me.
I became a mesher starting with sketchup at first then 3ds max, and never needed to buy
credits again. As in 2006, '07 imvu was young and with litle products that were derivable
I was able to buy and make things without worry.

Then with all the changes being made I simply lost interest in mesh making and imvu in general
and more then anything just laid back collecting credits and not participating as little as possible.
I'm here to keep chicka in line (just kidding) over the years with her, goose and the oldies
was the "good ole days".

Every now and then I might do something new because I'm hooked on 3ds max and photoshop.
I may not be well known but thats the least of my worries. With imvu showing new users
the first items you made instead of the last things submitted was a determining factor in
not doing much anymore.

If I get messages I will respond to them as I recieve them and I used to help people in
the 3ds max forum but that fell by way of the curbstone. If I'm on line it's probaly
because I working on a mesh seeing how in looks in client. And Polystyrene puts up with me when
I need help with my meshes, big thanks to her.

Well enjoy you time here and have fun.

yokoed.

oh don't forget to click that banner below here...
^
Agists on IMVU is in a very high percentile so I feel your dismay there , mostly that has to do with bad apples spoiling the bunch as so many are just here to hit on users leaves em jaded . Usually I can talk them down off the agist ledge once they get to know me and realise I'm not here to pick 'em up . The grrl I spoke of who dragged me into IMVU also knew all the right people so alike yourself got me everything free , then like you I started to create and being away from time to time it was nice to come back and have credits to re-invest . All though with the updates and a weak catalog of mostly stuff for myself or made for friends i don't sell much the last few years . Most of which earned credits went into gifting my customers or new user/fans to help promote IMVU use where I was proudly at a 2 for 1 ration * , the rest went to creating and we have about the same size catalog with only a few hundred items . Had I not been away for so long and around to promote , update the catty , hosting , meet and greet etc etc all which help to boost sales I'm sure it would be in the thousands of products . Anyways our stories are quite similar and a lot of what you writ i'd left out of my intro so thanks for the reminders there in your history . Thanks again for adding me too it's always great to meet new ( to me ) users and look forward to seeing you over here or in there . An interesting co-incidence where we both joined posting our intros at a similar time .

* Side note here one of the things I used to do when homepages were more used by everyone was check out others stats for those new to me users who came into my rooms or those I'd visited . I met a grrl once alike my grrl who dragged me in had everything you can imagine . This one I met , noticed she had gifted over 10,000 times and this was long long ago . Being myself at only around 500 then and 1000 gifts given now I was quite more than impressed .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

MisterWhite
Posting Pixel

Post by MisterWhite » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:13 am

Hello I am MisterWhite,

Well actually it is the name of an albino raven I saved and raised when I was about 5 or 6. I am 42 now ex architect - ex FFA soldier. At this moment I am working on myself I went through a lot of things in my life and like to get myself back a bit. Struck by PTSS for a while I now try to be introduced back into this civil format I never learned I could be. IMVU was my place to be in contact with civils.

I joined IMVU in 2005 september to be exact. And eversince I worked on painting products, later on meshing, later on more meshing and helping others to develop. It is ultimatly fun to do.

I felt very close connected to IMVU untill things got outof hand with Brett. Than the snowball of hate came my way, and because I sometimes need a lot of words to explain myself or to make people see how important I think some things are, the snowball came my way. and I was too proud to step asside.

The rest is need to know. So feel free to come closer, I just like my privats. So let me keep it at this. I also am ok with people that like to know more about me. In fact I do not mind when they do, but just don't expect me to trust you. I work on pretty advanced 3D in the past here, now I do not know if I want to continue my meshing activities on IMVU. I have grown to distrust them. I wish to trust them, it wasn't effective.

I gave up trying and not sure if I start devving again. But I feel very much concerned and love for IMVU as I knew it.

I can be harsh...but it comes from care & love.