Reality: 1; Mainstream Media: 0

Put on your big boy pants! Here is the forum to talk about things going on in that big world beyond the pixels. Things may get heated from time to time but try and remain civil!
SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel
Location: The "Whats-in-it-for-me" State. Land of lawyers and insurance agents

Reality: 1; Mainstream Media: 0

Post by SqueakyLass » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:39 am

Starbucks brand perception plummets since it announced plan to hire refugees

It is free market, not mainstream media, which shows what is truly on the minds of society.
Words mean things; thats what gives them communicative value.

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/DianaDeMysterieux

Re: Reality: 1; Mainstream Media: 0

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:31 am

Wow!

This is quite eye-opening.

But, aside from the Starbuck's intention to hire refugees, I have not ever really been a fan of Starbucks anyway. Their Coffee is pricey and really not that special.
La Dame Mystere

BraydenFinn
Posting Pixel

Post by BraydenFinn » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Never liked Starbucks; I drink Peet's. But beyond all that, you know, most of us are one to four generations from being an immigrant ourselves. How would we feel if everybody treated us like that? Throwing a fit about not being born in the USA?

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:08 pm

BraydenFinn wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:14 pm
Never liked Starbucks; I drink Peet's. But beyond all that, you know, most of us are one to four generations from being an immigrant ourselves. How would we feel if everybody treated us like that? Throwing a fit about not being born in the USA?
As you (and the rest of the world) already know, its nae about immigrants; its about illegal immigrants. If ye wish to discuss it, discuss it honestly. Howard Schultz voiced this at the very time illegal aliens and refugees were in public discussion. His stance should produce the exact temperature-taking of societal concerns that it did.

He made politics a part of his business and was burned for it, just like his coffee. If he dinnae make such a show of it, nobody would care. But he made a point of broadcasting it as an assertive protest against what mainstream media propagandized as a "Muslim Ban" and in the hopes of winning a certain majority that mainstream media insists prevails.

Its not only about illegal aliens, but more to the point, "States of concern". He planned to hire not just your run-o-the-mill immigrant, but specifically refugees. Its not because such refugees are not born in the US, but rather because they are from nations with which we are currently at war. When Hillary and Obama were bombing the smithereens out of them and purposely destabilizing their countries on nearly a daily basis, where was this outpouring of "compassion" for them?

It doesnae matter whether these wars are right or wrong; the fact is that these people have been made into enemies for whatever reason. Ye dont invite them to just walk right in without extreme caution. That would be completely stupid. During World War II, did Churchill invite German immigrants to England? During the Cold Wars, did the US invite Soviet immigrants?

Aye, there were defectors, and they all went through rigorous and extreme scrutiny before allowed into the country as immigrants. Nothing has changed but from which side of the aisle it comes. Where was the outrage when Obama suspended travel for some of these same countries for double the time of Trumps recommended suspension of travel?

President Trumps so-called "Muslim Ban"

Executive Order 13769

Hmm... Partisan much?

BraydenFinn
Posting Pixel

Post by BraydenFinn » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:21 pm

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:33 pm

The huge issue with most media around the world (free world that is) is that people own those sources....and they have their political leanings....so usually it goes the way of whatever leaning the owner has....

so here in Australia, one lot are leftist and the other is middle to right (they at least will admit if some things are wrong and what not, which you don't get from the lefties here)...

Biggest issue is, the lefties and pc crowd here have gotten their hands on the ABC which is the government owned and paid for tv, radio and internet stations.....if I start on how they waste the tax payer's money, I'll be here till the end of time.....

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:58 am

BraydenFinn wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:21 pm
Hmm, Partisan Much?

Edit code
Using different side streets to reach the same destination. So, what is this "mammoth" difference that separates the two?

The article continues the biased tradition of referring to Trumps Executive Order as a "ban" (Image).

It is not a ban but a suspension for greater scrutiny of those from States of concern. They are reporting on a straw man to sway those who never actually read the text of the Executive Order and counting on their audiences ignorance, laziness and/or dishonesty to further their opinion-shaping.

All ye have to do is actually read the Executive Order and the intent of all these "news" stories becomes crystal clear to anyone genuinely interested in facts.

BraydenFinn
Posting Pixel

Post by BraydenFinn » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Let's read the latest EO and see what happens to it.

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:29 pm

The Executive Order may very well be contested in the pubic arena. However, there is no legitimate reason why it should.

A record number reaching over 3 million illegal aliens were deported under obamas presidency... the media dinnae give a hoot about it.

Under Trumps policy, he left the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals intact.

DHS policy barring enforcement activities at sensitive locations remains in effect.

Obamas prioritized enforcement for convicted criminals, those who posed a danger to national security, and gang members remains unchanged.

The Executive Order simply reiterates and reanimates what already exists. There is nothing new.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am

SqueakyLass wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:29 pm
The Executive Order may very well be contested in the pubic arena. However, there is no legitimate reason why it should.

A record number reaching over 3 million illegal aliens were deported under obamas presidency... the media dinnae give a hoot about it.

Under Trumps policy, he left the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals intact.

DHS policy barring enforcement activities at sensitive locations remains in effect.

Obamas prioritized enforcement for convicted criminals, those who posed a danger to national security, and gang members remains unchanged.

The Executive Order simply reiterates and reanimates what already exists. There is nothing new.
One thing did change and it's funny no one is talking about it , I could be wrong here as I'm going by what I heard a couple months back
and don't have time this morning to research so this is a quick pick post . When Obama created the ban list it was a six month ban .
Trump , same exact list . . three month ban . Half the length yet Trumps a facist or is it orange Hitler , I cant get it straight :P

Ooops ban I said . . they even got me repeating their bias , over played , abused , brainwash technique sound bytes and headlines :mrgreen:
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:02 pm

GuySBot wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am
One thing did change and it's funny no one is talking about it , I could be wrong here as I'm going by what I heard a couple months back
and don't have time this morning to research so this is a quick pick post . When Obama created the ban list it was a six month ban .
Trump , same exact list . . three month ban . Half the length yet Trumps a facist or is it orange Hitler , I cant get it straight :P

Ooops ban I said . . they even got me repeating their bias , over played , abused , brainwash technique sound bytes and headlines :mrgreen:

BraydenFinn
Posting Pixel

Post by BraydenFinn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:20 am

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel

Post by SqueakyLass » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Again, using different side streets to reach the same destination. All ye have to do is read the actual text of the Executive Order itself.

It has always been there and has been implemented many times in the past. Same old, same old. There is nothing new.