International Womens Day

Put on your big boy pants! Here is the forum to talk about things going on in that big world beyond the pixels. Things may get heated from time to time but try and remain civil!
GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

International Womens Day

Post by GuySBot » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 am

<3 Love <3 all <3 you <3 grrlz <3
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Re: International Womens Day

Post by Notorious Chicka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:28 am

I am wearing green

I do not follow in line with a protest. I am not a sheep.

But thx Bot!

Zara
Sage Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keodi

Post by Zara » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:13 am

I'd be favourably disposed towards it if it was more about taking action on behalf of women and especially girls so horribly mistreated in countries less privileged than those of the protesters.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:42 pm

I never understand some of these protests . .

1st of all you have rich ( nothing wrong with being wealthy but . . ) celebrities telling hard working women not to goto work
( yeah like that's an option for people who have to work cuz they need every penny they earn and don't want to lose their jobs ) .

2ndly like the anti-trump protests such as the march for women , most of them had no idea why they were protesting , what they
were even there for and a lot of them wearing hijabs chanting sayings that are pro-anti-women countries backwards piss me off bs .

The money they spend driving , putting gas in their cars , buying food etc from the mega-corporations and so on for a complete waste
of time to accomplish nothing . For instance they said there were a million people at the anti-Trump one . They all spent no less than
fifty bucks . . 50 Million could fund world change ,instead the very companies they protest profit off it . Its like the wall street march ,
had all those people pitched in to sue the government or start a few companies would have done good instead of again feeding the mega
corporations and corrupt gov they were protesting about .

To add insult to injury and touch on what Zara said here you have women in America acting like they are in a 3rd world country as she said
where it is really bad for them . Most importantly there that other corrupt lady they all wanted and are so insulted didn't win got like multi
millions of dollars in funding and donations to her corrupt foundation for speeches from Saudi Arabia and other countries that abuse women .
Like she gives a F about anything , anyone or any women and only cares about one thing - her very expensive pocketbook .

O k enough of my attitude lets end this on a fun note and go browsing for pretty pocketbooks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRONJcQg5hy/
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:23 pm

GuySBot wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 am
Much like Morgan Freeman said about black history month...
“You’re going to relegate my history to a month?”
...why would it take a single day, or month for that matter, to recognize women as anything more special than the men by their side? I say keep the day, keep the month, and just recognize me for who I am, much like I would you, every day. Black, white, green or purple, differences should never matter. What matters is that I, like you, am a fellow human being. I have my bad days and good days. I have made mistakes, most I wish didn't happen. But never the less, I am another human like you. This is the mindset people should bring to these "protests."

Always awesome to hear this man's opinions on just about everything. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-TQFisBZQ
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:10 pm

MandaMarie wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:23 pm
GuySBot wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 am
Much like Morgan Freeman said about black history month...
“You’re going to relegate my history to a month?”
...why would it take a single day, or month for that matter, to recognize women as anything more special than the men by their side? I say keep the day, keep the month, and just recognize me for who I am, much like I would you, every day. Black, white, green or purple, differences should never matter. What matters is that I, like you, am a fellow human being. I have my bad days and good days. I have made mistakes, most I wish didn't happen. But never the less, I am another human like you. This is the mindset people should bring to these "protests."

Always awesome to hear this man's opinions on just about everything. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-TQFisBZQ
I agree with ya there and he is right in that racism sense , some things like what he mentioned are stupid . All though there is nothing wrong with celebrating things like a birthday for instance . its a meaningless date , x-mas , Halloween and so on . In essence the same with celebrating women , to bring attention to women and the plight or anyone else misses the mark , or even Jesus's birthday for instance when in the right light simply can work to bring people together as a community to accomplish things . After all we aren't celebrating the difference but the greatness within such . Because when you focus on the difference as the protests do or black history month and so on it becomes hypocritical just as thy who dost protest then portray . I mean I do love you all , respect and so on every single day as part of our one family of human beings especially the grrlz as without you I'd be lost . So it isn't about only this day but there shouldn't be anything wrong with celebration as long as that is all it is and not some reverse mindset of poor me to accomplish the opposite of its goals as here we speak of the protests . For instance here a grrrl I know uses her celebrity on this day to host an event and raise donations for grrlz who are under-privileged and scholarships and so on . . Therein it has nothing to do with error in judgement but all for good and in that foreign to us country while the meaning is similar its a bit different in its history .

Anyways to lighten this up a bit here is my favorite video about black history month .
The whole show is very funny but I set it to start at Roderick Paulette to set up the joke ,.

https://youtu.be/b_a5AjovlV0?t=40m41s
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:15 pm

My big issue with days like this is then most people ignore other important days....but it's like when people say why does woman's breast cancer get more funding than male prostate cancer....

answer....emptiest tin makes the biggest noise....it's like a lot of minority groups attracting more attention than causes for the main stream....they make more noise and put it in your face...

by the way International Men's Day is in November around the 19th I think.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:07 pm

WickedAngel wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:15 pm
My big issue with days like this is then most people ignore other important days....but it's like when people say why does woman's breast cancer get more funding than male prostate cancer....

answer....emptiest tin makes the biggest noise....it's like a lot of minority groups attracting more attention than causes for the main stream....they make more noise and put it in your face...

lol I never even heard of mens day :lol:
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:54 pm

GuySBot wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:07 pm
WickedAngel wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:15 pm

lol I never even heard of mens day :lol:

That's cause there is no noise about it......cmon guys get louder

Extinction
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Extinction

Post by Extinction » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:04 am

I actually knew about International Men's Day, but I think it gets lumped together with No Shave November.
EXTINCTION @ IMVU
~ Making Anthro Designs & Creations since 2007 ~

Product Requests: OPEN
I have difficulties with communicating my ideas and thoughts properly.
Please be patient with me.