Boasting and ego trips

A place for talking about IMVU
Elaini
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Elaini

Boasting and ego trips

Post by Elaini » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:53 am

Those are something that have persisted in IMVU for a good while. I normally just shrug the keyboard warriors and empty threats off, but it does make a stain to the overall image of IMVU, so I do wish there was a way to change it.

How do you see them, what do you do?

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Re: Boasting and ego trips

Post by GuySBot » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:30 am

It is a good way to know who someone is,basically they are proud of something and want to share themselves with those viewers.
I am guilty of this even at this forum but I do always try to state that I don't find myself better than anyone else.
Now for those who use it in a threatening manner first I'd give the benefit of the doubt going back to my opening line adding the ways of the internets lack elaboration and most users are not so well writ(there I go again saying im better than) :P , NOT !

Anyways I'd just say let people be themselves as it shows you who they really are then you aren't fooled by the fakery.
Having said all that if it is someone you care to discuss the subject with by wording it properly as not to be offensive and telling them they come off that boasting egotistical way to you.. May lead to some wonderful discoveries? On the other hand especially worded poorly it could be a complete total devastation.I find the best way to deal with most anything is by agreeing with them sarcastically :twisted:
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

Daise2
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=91359500

Re: Boasting and ego trips

Post by Daise2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:13 am

I have to confess, when someone starts puffing up their feathers and doing the 'I'm the best creator EVER!' thing....I naturally cast an eye over their catalog. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised and find a great shop in which case I may compliment them (depending on how annoying the boasting was) If the shop is craptasticly bad, I just make some generic comment like 'its great you enjoy your creating' and I switch off. I've yet to be annoyed/offended enough to want to cut them down a peg or two, not over their skills as a creator.

If they are just egoistical chatters, I just ignore them or go on a windup just for fun - it depends on my mood :)