Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Re: The elephant in the room...The Discussion Baord

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:51 am

admin wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:36 am
Currently at IMVU Discussions...

http://userimages-akm.imvu.com/userdata ... 121567.jpg
I was just laughing my butt off over this!!!

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:51 am
admin wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:36 am
Currently at IMVU Discussions...

http://userimages-akm.imvu.com/userdata ... 121567.jpg
I was just laughing my butt off over this!!!
This will probably be a very common thing in the coming future. At least for a while. Once they get past this part, though, it should fall back into business as usual. Downtime without warning instead! :roll:
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Post by admin » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 pm

Well I just posted all my issues in their feedback thread.

ummm, it was a looooooong list.
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:10 pm

admin wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 pm
Well I just posted all my issues in their feedback thread.

ummm, it was a looooooong list.
I had to reply, you really nailed it for sure.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

;)

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:56 am

....and they are afraid of our momentum because now we can't link our forum in their disgustion.

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:56 am
....and they are afraid of our momentum because now we can't link our forum in their disgustion.
I can understand their fear. Anyone with a bit of intelligence visiting the discussion "forum" can see that within less than two weeks, we have already built a very active communication forum, actively helping each other and spreading information so effectively. Hasn't been two weeks yet and look how PPC has grown. What they also might fear, is that PPC has the means of becoming a rather good way to guide people through the chaos of the new IMVU discussion platform. With the talks of adding a ToS update thread here and the possibility of more posts like that, PPC could, in fact, become an easier way for people to stay informed about changes in IMVU, rather than trying to navigate that mess over there.

;)

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Go figure!

Anyone else having this issue?

;)

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Post by admin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:38 pm

MandaMarie wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:23 pm
Go figure!

Yes, Ive been getting that too.

I believe it is a result of them ripping a hole in the space time continuum to post in their discussions a week ago. No good can come from messing with time like that. It could start raining whales at any moment!
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:06 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:38 pm

I believe it is a result of them ripping a hole in the space time continuum to post in their discussions a week ago. No good can come from messing with time like that. It could start raining whales at any moment!
HAHA! Yea I had that theory for a brief moment as well, until I thought it's quite possible they locked, or closed that post, due to the influx of really good feedback they didn't plan on hearing. Like "Your entire site sucks and feels like it was planned by a 10-year-old using Wix for the first time, backed by sample pictures pre-installed on his new Windows computer."

;)

WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Post by WickedAngel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:02 pm

One of my biggest peeves with this damn Discussions is only 50% of the time do my posts 'take'...so I have to copy and paste...refresh the page and then paste it into the box again.....

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 am

I think I am going to start writing my posts in notepad and doing the ole cut & paste to post...

It will help me to maintain my spamtastic signature text too!

👉ᔕᖺᗢᕈ ᘉᗢ♈ᗢᖇᓮᗢᘮᔕ👈
http://www.imvu.com/shop/web_search.php ... _id=602493
𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕗 ℂℝ𝔸ℙ!
💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀
don't forget to like my posts! I need to look awesome! <<<<<<~~~~~This part changes :)

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:14 am

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 am
I think I am going to start writing my posts in notepad and doing the ole cut & paste to post...

It will help me to maintain my spamtastic signature text too!

👉ᔕᖺᗢᕈ ᘉᗢ♈ᗢᖇᓮᗢᘮᔕ👈
http://www.imvu.com/shop/web_search.php ... _id=602493
𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕗 ℂℝ𝔸ℙ!
💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀
don't forget to like my posts! I need to look awesome! <<<<<<~~~~~This part changes :)
Haha, download Notepad++. :)

;)

ImpureThoughts
New Pixel

Post by ImpureThoughts » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:03 pm

After reading this whole thread I am not even going to bother looking at the new IMVU forum.. Why?? Because it's right HERE. This is what's needed and you guys are bringing it to us, I can get information far quicker and with less stress right here at PPC.. TO HELL with IMVU's excellent achievement at screwing things up once again.. They deserve a badge.

SqueakyLass
Posting Pixel
Location: The "Whats-in-it-for-me" State. Land of lawyers and insurance agents

Post by SqueakyLass » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:06 pm

ImpureThoughts wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:03 pm
After reading this whole thread I am not even going to bother looking at the new IMVU forum.. Why?? Because it's right HERE. This is what's needed and you guys are bringing it to us, I can get information far quicker and with less stress right here at PPC.. TO HELL with IMVU's excellent achievement at screwing things up once again.. They deserve a badge.
They'll only prick themselves on it and die of tetanus.
Words mean things; thats what gives them communicative value.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:56 am

admin wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:38 pm
MandaMarie wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:23 pm
Go figure!

I think they had to delete that thread because Keef pwned it.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:56 am

p.s. Did you know that if you clear your cache you can magically find your posts?

Twila
New Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Twila

Post by Twila » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Woah.

I just hopped on IMVU for the first time in like 4 - 6 weeks and was met with this Discussion garbage. I'm sitting here with my jaw just hanging open because I can't believe how non-user-friendly and disorganized it is. Wow.

There's such a small space where relevant information goes uninhibited, thanks to the bar on the top and the big grey one on the bottom, it's not even a forum anymore it's like a Facebook comment chain. That's not what this community needs, especially when it comes to serious issues like Developer things or people asking about their livelihoods and when they're gonna get paid 'cause something screwed up again. Not to mention, it looks extra difficult to navigate for people with certain disabilities, it's got very low accessibility.

Wow, just wow, sorry I'm kind of all over the place and rambly, but I'm just shocked by how bad the new Discussions thing is.

I'm just gonna like, lay on the floor and stare at the ceiling for 12 hours while I try to process this dumpster fire.

MisterWhite
Posting Pixel

Post by MisterWhite » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 am

LAWLLLL and OMG...

I was blocked on the old forum...because I called Segallion a bad asset, but than with various powerwords added to it. But nevertheless I can post on the new one...I just tried. I also am fully honest when I say if I have to write Segallion again I still think he is an asshole. I mean that is personal opinion and why hide it, not that I discriminate or anything he just is, so many races can be assholes right? :?:

The LAWLLL: is about this...maybe they are forgetting who they blocked? I don't mind anyone handing them the hint...I already did by posting a post to test. Im also not gonna provoke anything ofcourse.

I kept it neat. But yEEsh that is a headacke all together...navigation maze.Wursed I think the scroll bars...while designers try avoid them IMVU tried imply them...so does that imply that the exited designers that where dumped now work for IMVU?

I think the trolls battle rammed the old forum there?

Neah I am not a challenge for trolls...but euhmm...Yeah let's be honest...it breaks our hearts? Well not mine...so new school are trolls...it won't break I mean...when watching these less social types. (I want to call them idiots though.)

Im glad new school is always the generation of tomorrow :shock: I want to kindof use my aggression on these, but let's not. I mean I learned from my block. So let's not call them idiots, let's also not call them new school, let me start with calling them, less experienced users with a cling to simplicity and a hell of a stockpile on paracetamols/asperins. I bed they swallow those by the hundreds each month.

Gawd that is a sad try to design a forum. Makes me even more proud of Keef. I mean who wants to be responcible guiding those trolls.

(I seriously tried to spelling check this post.)
Last edited by MisterWhite on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MisterWhite
Posting Pixel

Post by MisterWhite » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:58 am

I couldn't resist. I seriously couldn't I mean I am an honest man and I stand for that - some more people do - I am sure, but well that asside...

I asked it neatly isn't it?

I'd like some hearts on that one, so if you can support my topic there than thank you! I kept it neat right? :roll:

I mean I was bad and I take full responcibility for that, when I did my time so to say in the forum jail, I will get back also there I mean it probably be hard to avoid it. Not that my opinion changed, but you know, it's just honesty I seek. So call it dumb...but still at least I'm honest.

At least I think I deserved some hearts since I really felt dedicated to IMVU 4 years ago than...so pweaaassseee give it a heart? Thank you if you do so, it is really appreciated.

Edit number zillion:

I got a comment I got a comment there YEAH!!!!! BINGO!!!!!

I like more though...since it's so typically IMVU to forget things need to be done,...please bare me the favor thank you!

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:49 pm

MisterWhite maybe they clean slated everyone - but they will watch you.

Also - please refrain from bashing staff in this forum. We don't do it. We don't want the drama.

We follow the guidelines of IMVU ToS with our hearts....even if they do things that aren't smart or that we disagree with.

It makes it better for all of us.

Thanks ;)

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Also - please refrain from bashing staff in this forum. We don't do it. We don't want the drama.

We follow the guidelines of IMVU ToS with our hearts....even if they do things that aren't smart or that we disagree with.

Thanks ;)
*frowns and puts her pink wiffleball bat away* :cry:

;)

MisterWhite
Posting Pixel

Post by MisterWhite » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:49 pm
MisterWhite maybe they clean slated everyone - but they will watch you.

Thanks ;)
Yeah like I said I did learn from my previous block. And bashing staff...I did not expand on the why I disliked the one I mentioned. And if I would you would certainly see why but as just promissed. I won't it is behind me. And I like that also respected. If you read my text it may sound like I do, but I mean that I will refrain from doing so again, and you can clearly read that there, isn't it?

You will see. You also did not need to correct that here in public since I clearly stated that I left that behind me. You could have pm-ed me about it. It is also not really nice to openly disgard people like in the old forums. At least...is my etikette. So now I feel kindof sad you did. And as you clearly see it is followed up by people grabbing bats...I think that is why it should have been pm-ed to me, that is namely trolling. I respect you enough to not need such a treatment isn't it?

Besides that I found that I was correctly blocked from the old forum. I clearly stated that, isn't it. So please...also respect that. Last but not least you do not need to assume that my current band with Segallion and with other staff is at the same level as it was back than. Well it isn't. I do not see them as friends though. Is that too hard to swallow than? We work together now here and I am on speaking terms there. So maybe lay it down thank you. If you like feel free to wipe my messages than. I really do not care if these are held up.

Since you mentioned TOS. It is exactly the part that had to be reviewed and is full of illegal holes. That is an opinion I can put in a discussion forum. I did not pass by TOS...otherwise I would have been disabled fully. I was forum blocked because of an argument that grew between a person and me. And maybe it would be even chique to accept that I honestly say I had this argument that led to a fight and eventually my block. So maybe withold also from assumptions about what my intentions are? I have issues with two staff members which I also discuss with them. But now I discuss them without use of bad words - which where actually comming from both sides. Is more than enough explenation. So hinting-warning me? makes me feel sad. Maybe read my texts as I ment it. And furthermore I like to continue with equal respect. So let's do that?

In discussions people take stands and sometimes it grows to heated up conversations. What I did wrong is use the wrong words. I clearly stated here that I was wrong about that. And do not think it needs a warning because of that nor, needs a stand, it can be taken there as it is written. It is behind me. In 11 years on IMVU I only had one single issue, and that was followed up by a block. So do know...who you hint here.

DevMagic
New Pixel

Post by DevMagic » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:35 pm

MandaMarie wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:39 am
One thing I have noticed is, when I load IMVU Community after starting my browser for the first time (Chrome) it takes me through 7 url changes, just to open the first landing screen. Not sure what the deal is there but it gives a very pop-up like, and unprofessional feel to it all. It's possible that loading wheel you see there is that loading the site is stuck on one, of 7 urls. :/ I am not sure why it is that something as simple as a forum needs that many redirects.

Sadly I for one, have no more interest even going there, other than to check my ongoing ticket I have been waiting for a reply to now for 8 days. :(
Listen, there using free software, that's modified, that they decline to use, they state its all coded by them, what is not true, many good programmers offered help, i fixed there entire API in 2009, and they refused to use it.
Dusty Chad used to be there 2go guy, who's no longer active.
so there using cheap ass programmers, while there are many programmers available on IMVU who can make that site look and work 1000's times better.
without all the reload and redirect
Do NOT bother me with stupidity.
I am not here for leg humpers or beggars.
I will not give you credits or free stuff.
You want something that bad.. earn it...! Or go play jump-rope on i95! You pick!

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel

Post by Notorious Chicka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:36 pm

and that is why I poked DevMagic with a stick to come to our PPC.

BraydenFinn
Posting Pixel

Post by BraydenFinn » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:35 pm

SqkyC wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:57 pm
BraydenFinn wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:40 am
How in heaven's name are we to report problems when the new forum won't work?

When I hit the link to take me to help.imvu.com I get the oh so pretty picture and on the top right that screenshot is what I see and it won't let me log in.

I tell you, this place was better in 2006.
For me it is Ghosery blocking it - I get this also. It's funny how with other sites when Ghostery blocks something and I go into the list to manually allow it and hit 'refresh the page to see changes' it refreshes from the Ghostery link. With this I click the Ghostery refresh and nothing happens! lol (I guess they just *really* don't like it!) and I have to refresh the browser page to get it to load.

It smacks of data mining to me.
Dang, I forgot about Ghostery being on. That got me in, thanks SqkyC...now how to comment on a thread in there. I see 'add a conment' but it doesn't put the comment in the list of comments, it sticks it on the side. This place really has problems.