Counting IMVU forum downgrades, Cinema Sins style

A place for talking about IMVU
Elaini
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Elaini

Counting IMVU forum downgrades, Cinema Sins style

Post by Elaini » Wed May 03, 2017 8:46 am

As I posted to Miscellany wrote:If you don’t know Cinema Sins, it’s this one.

- The front page is a mess with blocky images where everything is in an alphabetical, but yet illogical order (1)
- We must "log in" with Salesforce (2)
- Unlike phpBB, only shows 10 top topics maximum (3), with no page numbering even (4), so the spam topics and other misfitting topics easily push important topics into oblivion, forcing us to bookmark them (5)
- Bookmark links aren't independent from the forums they are in, so if mods have to move the misplaced threads, the old links become broken (6)
- Search bar doesn't work (7)
- Order of replies is down to up instead of up to down (8)
- No BBcode to format text (9), no anchored links (10), no polls (11), no quote boxes (12), no embed images (13), no signatures (14), no badges (15), no avatar card pop ups (16)
- No pinning or stickying the topics to the top (17)
- No forums truly have a coding to make it exclusive for a group, such as in VIP forum or creator forums like they did in phpBB (18)
- AP forums are missing for the same obvious reason and AP holders are forced to rely on AP groups instead (19)
- Why do you allow the users to change the topic posting destination by the drop down menu with no forum descriptions? This is why so many new topics are misplaced, besides some forums not truly being group exclusive of course. (20)
- These forums are even LESS functional in the mobile (22) with the terrible side bar on the left (23)
- Glitches, glitches, glitches (24)
- Lag, lag, lag (25)

Total sins score: 25
Verdict: Strait jacket

Again, who in the staff thought that this was a good idea? There’s so many forum sins here, that it makes me believe that a forum hell exists.
I thought that a little venting by laying all their errors before them would make them think, but I have low hopes about that.

oOChrissyOo
Notorious Pixel

Re: Counting IMVU forum downgrades, Cinema Sins style

Post by oOChrissyOo » Wed May 03, 2017 11:25 am

Its great to vent however, This wont be seen by the right people, and its all stuff we are well aware of, and agree...ITS CRAP.
This is why KEEF has this awesome forum for us now :)
Typical of IMVU to "fix" shit that wasn't even broken to begin with.... :(

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Fri May 05, 2017 7:29 am

...but we can sprinkle little items of disdain all over their disgustion board :)
I have been.

My new signature:

Shop Notorious
http://www.imvu.com/shop/web_search.php ... _id=602493

Join Pixel Pushers - where we can have better conversations as Creators
index.php

Elaini
Prolific Pixel

Post by Elaini » Fri May 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Few more sins to add:

How the Discussion links (do not) work

So I'll just copy.
Elaini @ Discussions wrote:- Sometimes when clicking direct links to a thread while not being in the Discussions system, you are redirected to the "Home" front page of Help section. Not to the thread you requested by clicking the link or the front page of the forum that it's in, not even to the front page of Discussions but... "Home".

Just how is this useful if you're a creator trying to market your products with a Discussions thread, for instance, and on the first click your potential customer sees absolutely nothing you've posted, possibly thinking that your thread doesn't exist after all? Would they even bother trying again?

- Sometimes while you're already on Discussions and click bookmarks to elsewhere in Discussions, nothing happens. The loader bar doesn't even nudge.
Simply creating my thread here feels far more sensible option now to be frank. I had been rooting for the idea of making a thread like that for Discussions because I had one in the old forums, but Discussions are not the same thing at all, and I feel like I would just be empty handed. What would be the point when that mockery of a forum doesn't even take your customer there?

And...

3D Developing Category is not loading posts
ShannonMac @ Discussions wrote:Hello:

Per the title above we are aware of this issue and tending to the matter.

Thank you and have a good weekend.
Oh joy.

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/DianaDeMysterieux

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Sat May 13, 2017 4:53 am

I'm waiting for the day when IMVU realizes that the Discussion boards are useless and reverts back to the functioning and sociable PhpBB forums. I know some who are still posting on the Discussion Boards, but I am avoiding them as much as I can and only go to them when I actually need to.
La Dame Mystere

BunnyCakes
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=30837115

Post by BunnyCakes » Sat May 13, 2017 3:50 pm

It really hurts my head how IMVU makes these decisions. Most companies with a few exceptions usually try to make thier product more user friendly. I would love to be at the meetings and see what they are thinking.

Elaini
Prolific Pixel

Post by Elaini » Mon May 15, 2017 7:33 am

They are promising fixes, again.

But I still don't know if I can regularly check them much longer. They seriously get me frustrated.

EliaDesigns
New Pixel

Post by EliaDesigns » Fri May 19, 2017 5:12 pm

honestly most of the fixes should have been done in a week or so. It took them like two months to make a dropdown menu and put in a chevron there...
I doubt they will ever go back to the normal forums. They want salesforce for the ticketing and case system as they stated officialy several times already. The discussion boards are just something which happen to fall into the bundle and they couldn't care less.