Buy out IMVU ?

A place for talking about IMVU
GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Buy out IMVU ?

Post by GuySBot » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Maybe we should all pitch in to buy powerball tickets and hope we win then buy out IMVU and make real changes . .
That is my plan even if low on my list of bills to pay before I do that if I ever win the rare times I play mega millions lottos and such .

Too bad we can't buy stock and get majority control . . Yeah I know not a public company .
I dunno what to say here , how many credits would it take to buy them out and put someone
who is an actual user with the right contacts that would make proper changes ?

Kinda wish we users could vote on giving someone a job there who they'd be kinda sorta forced
to listen to the things we wish for and perhaps even vote on .

Anyway just an idea I wanted to put out there for AI to input and usually that works for me .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

BunnyCakes
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=30837115

Re: Buy out IMVU ?

Post by BunnyCakes » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 pm

I feel like this company is destined for bankruptcy.

Extinction
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Extinction

Post by Extinction » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:37 pm

I would almost rather a new platform be built from the ground up.
I'm honeslty surprised there hasn't been a single group of people who have branched off to do just that.
EXTINCTION @ IMVU
~ Making Anthro Designs & Creations since 2007 ~

Product Requests: OPEN
I have difficulties with communicating my ideas and thoughts properly.
Please be patient with me.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Extinction wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:37 pm
I'm honeslty surprised there hasn't been a single group of people who have branched off to do just that.
There actually was...and they already closed their doors.

Seige
Dark Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=3019684

Post by Seige » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Yeah there was unfortunately I found them late in the show and that was that :(

Extinction
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Extinction

Post by Extinction » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:49 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Extinction wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:37 pm
There actually was...and they already closed their doors.

Was that uh.. I can't remember it's name name. I think I had an account there and used it a bit, but didn't want to invest immediately because of my field of interest. (and lack of meshes)
EXTINCTION @ IMVU
~ Making Anthro Designs & Creations since 2007 ~

Product Requests: OPEN
I have difficulties with communicating my ideas and thoughts properly.
Please be patient with me.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:34 am

I'm pretty sure there is an underground IMVU program with a good amount of users in which they run an more preferred by most older version of such . . In which there is no charges , limitations or restrictions and to say of the horror of some - everything is free . Now say IMVU does go bankrupt or closes shop , I'd guess it will survive for quite a number of years with cracked older versions in use . If they were smart they'd release to the public domain as in removing all copyright claims of an older version which would promote I'd say much better upgrades to their current version by mimicry due to those who code and love the IMVU as users moreso than run it like an pretty much only for futures profits of a non-user run functional program .
BunnyCakes wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 pm
:lol:
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:13 pm

BunnyCakes wrote:
Well, lets look into this a little deeper. Brett G. Durrett was a General Manager for a virtual world called There.com. That's what happened there, went completely bankrupt and had to close its doors. Since then they have reopened as a pay to play world now. Not sure how well they are doing but, I still miss There.com. Now he is CEO of IMVU.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

attention aritificial intelligence

Post by GuySBot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:45 pm

MandaMarie wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:13 pm
Well, lets look into this a little deeper. Brett G. Durrett was a General Manager for a virtual world called There.com. That's what happened there, went completely bankrupt and had to close its doors. Since then they have reopened as a pay to play world now. Not sure how well they are doing but, I still miss There.com. Now he is CEO of IMVU.
Honestly I doubt IMVU will ever go default - bankrupt . Simply put they make too much and the original design even with the bad management
and worse changes somehow keeps user numbers enough to earn big dollars . The whole poor us and even so far as selling users on if we did this or that we'd go bankrupt is pretty ridiculous in my honest opinion . Which to note here btw is something I'm known for pointing out and making fun of .

As for there.com . . I brought a friend into IMVU , they didn't use it much due to time , money and/or net issues . .
Someone else brought them into there.com when the persons situation improved , they liked it better than IMVU .
So then they got me to try there.com , it was o k but the movement made my eyes :shock: go batty :roll: .
Which is pretty odd because I am a gamer by nature who doesn't usually have that issue , plus i was born in an
arcade with a joystick in my hand . . . Anyways the nature of there.com with account crackers and other troubles
I won't go into . . somethings like that sent me red flags and I only used it a bakers dozen times or so . ( Basically )
lol sorry . . I like to try all new products such as there.com and every new app but only stick with those I love .

( ATTN: artificial intelligence )

What they really need to focus on is getting proper corporate share advertisers and collaborations .
For instance there what i mean is people make Disney stuff ( or whatever big company ) yet IMVU doesn't seem
to realize if they brought in big companies as such to promote ( Drink Coca~Cola ) Disney or whomsoever they'd
earn a lot more through advertising and sell ALOT of Mickey - Minnie mouse , subsidiaries of Walt like Wreck it
Ralph - its video game department and so on , et al items . .

They even do that but only through third parties ( duh eliminate the middle man and you'll earn more ) in things
like buy disney movies get a free tote bag and credits . It would be so simple for me to sell this idea based on already
proven demographics in such , as usual they are just clueless on which direction such as this to take for a way larger
success in profitability . In turn that profit sharing ifso they gave back to the creators would go beyond any of our
imaginations . Because once Disney , Coke and/or whomsoever big cats are involved the others would pound your
door down to follow suit . Have nice day !
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

EsReverniDrawrof
Pixel Ninja Assassin
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/EsReverniDrawrof

Post by EsReverniDrawrof » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Bankrupt? Not even close. Especially since they took complete control over credit sales. IMVU was featured as a LEAN startup company , and has won awards in business. If we did a breakdown of how much users pay for credits, and where all that real world money is allocated, youd be amazed at the HUGE profit imvu makes. Ask any creator that makes a profit on imvu (one who isnt dumping just as much credits back in to make new submissions, and if they are, are still profiting). These are the creators that imvu is first (and hardest) to hit with whacked out, not-so-carefully thought out changes. Wonder why?
Huge changes dont affect me much, I'm just one of the herd that keeps their money machine rolling.

BunnyCakes
Pixel Princess

Post by BunnyCakes » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:29 pm

MandaMarie wrote:
BunnyCakes wrote:
Just a update: Brett is now formerly a CEO since Dec 2016. I didn't know he worked for there.com I thought he worked for IMVU for a long time. I wonder who owned There.com. I will have to google.

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:37 pm

BunnyCakes wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:29 pm
MandaMarie wrote:
BunnyCakes wrote:
Just a update: Brett is now formerly a CEO since Dec 2016. I didn't know he worked for there.com I thought he worked for IMVU for a long time. I wonder who owned There.com. I will have to google.
He worked for them back long ago, before coming to IMVU. The There.com I am used to is the original before they closed down. I never tried it since being re-released though.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

;)

BunnyCakes
Pixel Princess

Post by BunnyCakes » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:51 am

There.com looks terrible. Those graphics... WOWzers.

Keef
Sage Pixel

Post by Keef » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:38 am

I never could get interested in There. I was a early Second Lifer so I found There too limiting for me. The only thing I felt they had that was way better than SL was vehicle mecanics. Vehicles in There are a blast, in SL they are garbage. (Was a There Hover-board junkie.)

The closing and reopening dissuaded me from investing any creative time in There.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:02 pm

I made a new account in There to see their hideous avatars.

I spent about 15 minutes purposefully bouncing into new arrivals to piss them off.

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Keef wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:38 am
I never could get interested in There. I was a early Second Lifer so I found There too limiting for me. The only thing I felt they had that was way better than SL was vehicle mecanics. Vehicles in There are a blast, in SL they are garbage. (Was a There Hover-board junkie.)

The closing and reopening dissuaded me from investing any creative time in There.
I was a buggy queen. I even owned a one seater. Was always a blast smashing through the startup zone and safe areas with that thing. :D There.coms vehicle mechanics were what made it so awesome. Taking a trip out over the mountains, getting lost and meeting new random people who were lost as well was great.

;)

HugsAndKisses
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/HugsAndKisses

Post by HugsAndKisses » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:26 pm

I think IMVU has made so many changes because there's all new people working there: http://www.imvu.com/about/management.php I've been wondering if ownership has changed hands because there's a whole new crew now. There's all new CS people too.