Anyone else having issues logging into IMVU Customer area.

A place for talking about IMVU
WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel

Anyone else having issues logging into IMVU Customer area.

Post by WickedAngel » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:30 am

Ok so I've been out of town today and just got home and I have all my favourites bookmarked and what not....so when to look at IMVU...and I get a damn sales force page asking me to sign in....not an issue except the fact it won't take my user name or password....and then asks me to sign in on a salesforce account.

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/DianaDeMysterieux

Re: Anyone else having issues logging into IMVU Customer area.

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 am

The IMVU Discussion Board is down for maintenance, so that could be the reason. Quite frankly, the fact that IMVU chose salesforce as the new forums was stupid. They should have just stuck to the original format of the forums and just simply updated the look of it.

ETA: Just saw this at the top of the website page...

The login sequence for the Community page is broken. Please click the "salesforceidp" button to complete your login if you see the error.

This just gave me a whole new reason not to go the new forums.
La Dame Mystere

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:47 am

Yeah I can't see giving my ID and Password to another source to get cracked . .
The funny thing about this new issue is it will not only leave users open to cracking but the forum itself left open vulnerabilities due to this
new log in page being " down for maintenance " can easily be hijacked .
Oh well it could be pretty funny on the IMVU side if someone does it to them but maybe really upsetting if users also get cracked due
to this . . . sigh . . . . . . . . . . .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

NickalisciousNick
Posting Pixel

Post by NickalisciousNick » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:27 am

I was able to get to the Discussion Board using an alternate account. I noticed that the page was up to date, so it's not down for maintenance.

Not to be paranoid, but I'm wondering if they are blocking some of us? If that's the case, I think that's a bad idea on their part.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:56 am

NickalisciousNick wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:27 am
I was able to get to the Discussion Board using an alternate account. I noticed that the page was up to date, so it's not down for maintenance.

Not to be paranoid, but I'm wondering if they are blocking some of us? If that's the case, I think that's a bad idea on their part.
Nope it's back online , but its pretty funny that they have to shut the thing down for two days to do maintenance . .
When you do things like that it is guaranteed you will lose a certain percent of users that will just give up on it completely
because they know its a POS . Customer recognition is so important these days because of social media one bad experience
and the word of mouth turns into literally 10's , 100's , 1000's and if you are big enough hundreds of thousands hearing of
how you sucked that one time they failed within any user view .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

NickalisciousNick
Posting Pixel

Post by NickalisciousNick » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:20 am

GuySBot wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:56 am
NickalisciousNick wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:27 am

Nope it's back online , but its pretty funny that they have to shut the thing down for two days to do maintenance . .
When you do things like that it is guaranteed you will lose a certain percent of users that will just give up on it completely
because they know its a POS . Customer recognition is so important these days because of social media one bad experience
and the word of mouth turns into literally 10's , 100's , 1000's and if you are big enough hundreds of thousands hearing of
how you sucked that one time they failed within any user view .
I'm glad you were able to get it back. Under this account, I still can't get in. It might be a glitch. I will give it some time for it to work itself out.

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:55 am

NickalisciousNick wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:20 am
I'm glad you were able to get it back. Under this account, I still can't get in. It might be a glitch. I will give it some time for it to work itself out.
Oops I misread your reply with the 2nd account and thought you did get back in so were saying it was up for you ,
anyway I just seen this from the client homepage -

Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

HugsAndKisses
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/HugsAndKisses

Post by HugsAndKisses » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:31 pm

After I told ShannonMac about the problem (I got a message about entering some contest, but I told him I couldn't even access Discussions), the blue bar went up with the message about the workaround to get into Discussions. It's still broke the same way for me, but it's bad because you have to get there to use the help center and I doubt most people pay attention to the blue bar and know what to do to get in.