Help Center Woes

A place for talking about IMVU
Post Reply
User avatar
Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:24 am
Location: Arizona
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Help Center Woes

Post by Notorious Chicka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 am

Hi gang....
before you utilize the new, improved (cough) :roll: live chat help in IMVU...come prepared.

1 - they still do not speak/type well.

2 - they have you fill in your issue - but they still ask you why you are contacting them. Don't bother writing much when you launch the discussion.

3 - they still offer canned replies without reading your concern/report.

4 - they do not create a reference number to the discussion you are having with them. It's on you. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. YOU are now responsible to save/download the discussion.

5 - YOU have to file a help ticket if you need the issue escalated. They will ask you for this number.

6 - currently you can provide attachments to support. YOU have to go to an image hosting site and send them a link. GEEEE WHIZ I want my private credit card out there on photo bucket...don't you? See a problem here?

7 - When you ask them to escalate the ticket - they do everything they can to NOT.

There's more...I am just getting busy with my j o b.
Image

User avatar
GuySBot
Prolific Pixel
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:00 am
Location: Botswanna
Contact:

Re: Help Center Woes

Post by GuySBot » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:41 am

Unbelievable . . . Though I'm somehow not surprised . Kinda gives me an idea which not sure any of us would want to take on .
Which would be to make a room with wall posters and links of basic information to help users such as this and the answers .
Then to have users in it as much as possible to also help . . Not only would we be WAY better at helping ( of course with only
basic issues or pointing in the right direction for serious problems to include information/links as above ) but it maybe a good way
to advertise not only those who'd be willing to work there's cats ( shops ) but most importantly this forum as well . .

Adding to that to set up some of our secondary accounts as homepage tutorials .

PS I do have an extra room slot for it if needed and already have tutorial accounts with the basics for newbee'z .

Another ( kinda crazy I'm sure idea to some of ya ) is this . .
I keep suggesting IMVU hire a user to do this and that .
I really have no doubt if we all worked together and focused on helping where imvu doesn't. . .
The idea would take off and become popular enough we'd get donations to pay someone in credits
or even if it exploded real monies .

If you can't beat 'em join 'em !
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

User avatar
WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:11 pm
Location: Belly of Hell

Re: Help Center Woes

Post by WickedAngel » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 am
Hi gang....
before you utilize the new, improved (cough) :roll: live chat help in IMVU...come prepared.

1 - they still do not speak/type well.

2 - they have you fill in your issue - but they still ask you why you are contacting them. Don't bother writing much when you launch the discussion.

3 - they still offer canned replies without reading your concern/report.

4 - they do not create a reference number to the discussion you are having with them. It's on you. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. YOU are now responsible to save/download the discussion.

5 - YOU have to file a help ticket if you need the issue escalated. They will ask you for this number.

6 - currently you can provide attachments to support. YOU have to go to an image hosting site and send them a link. GEEEE WHIZ I want my private credit card out there on photo bucket...don't you? See a problem here?

7 - When you ask them to escalate the ticket - they do everything they can to NOT.

There's more...I am just getting busy with my j o b.
When did it change that you had to upload to a hosting site for attachments to send to CS...I used to just have it on my pc and upload that way...

User avatar
Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:24 am
Location: Arizona
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Re: Help Center Woes

Post by Notorious Chicka » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:52 pm

The new system doesn't allow attachments...yet.

I spoke with DA5 for awhile today and they launched this system without a lot of available features...

But in the meantime...you have to provide a link.
Image

User avatar
WickedAngel
Prolific Pixel
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:11 pm
Location: Belly of Hell

Re: Help Center Woes

Post by WickedAngel » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:48 am

Notorious Chicka wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:52 pm
The new system doesn't allow attachments...yet.

I spoke with DA5 for awhile today and they launched this system without a lot of available features...

But in the meantime...you have to provide a link.
Oh good lord....so then what else have they not added when they launched this crap.

User avatar
HugsAndKisses
Pixel Princess
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:30 pm
Location: United States
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/HugsAndKisses

Re: Help Center Woes

Post by HugsAndKisses » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:36 pm

If you are asked to provide an attachment of some kind or offer to show one, the CS agent will put up an upload button in the chat. You can upload pictures directly from your pc. You don't have to use an image hosting site.
Image

User avatar
Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:24 am
Location: Arizona
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Re: Help Center Woes

Post by Notorious Chicka » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:04 pm

HugsAndKisses wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:36 pm
If you are asked to provide an attachment of some kind or offer to show one, the CS agent will put up an upload button in the chat. You can upload pictures directly from your pc. You don't have to use an image hosting site.
that's new.
Image

User avatar
Twiddybird
Prolific Pixel
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:00 am
Location: England
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Twiddybird

Re: Help Center Woes

Post by Twiddybird » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:03 am

GuySBot wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:41 am
Unbelievable . . . Though I'm somehow not surprised . Kinda gives me an idea which not sure any of us would want to take on .
Which would be to make a room with wall posters and links of basic information to help users such as this and the answers .
Then to have users in it as much as possible to also help . . Not only would we be WAY better at helping ( of course with only
basic issues or pointing in the right direction for serious problems to include information/links as above ) but it maybe a good way
to advertise not only those who'd be willing to work there's cats ( shops ) but most importantly this forum as well . .

Adding to that to set up some of our secondary accounts as homepage tutorials .

PS I do have an extra room slot for it if needed and already have tutorial accounts with the basics for newbee'z .

Another ( kinda crazy I'm sure idea to some of ya ) is this . .
I keep suggesting IMVU hire a user to do this and that .
I really have no doubt if we all worked together and focused on helping where imvu doesn't. . .
The idea would take off and become popular enough we'd get donations to pay someone in credits
or even if it exploded real monies .

If you can't beat 'em join 'em !

Although I kinda like your ideas Bot and would happily help out where I can, I am beginning to think that all the time we are picking up the slack for IMVU it is failing to see and act upon the issues, if it's being dealt with by others, why would they bother with it themselves, people will get the help needed and not bother contacting IMVU at all and if they are unaware of said issues, how can they rectify, I know we all bitch about IMVU and it's failure to listen but if it comes to a point where there is no longer anything to listen to.. they will think they are a success and not change anything again unless it suits them to do so. Having said that.. helping others out is something we all need to do and maybe another way of doing that would be to keep a detailed log of any help that is given to another user, collecting data over a month or quarterly period then sending it to IMVU to make a point that this is where they failed to help their own users and so they reached for an outside source, I don't know.. I think shaming them into showing them that their own users turn elsewhere to get fixes and not towards themselves could/should be a rude awakening.
Image

Post Reply