Links opening in a new Tab

Give us your feedback on how we are doing and how you would like to see us grow.
Sui2
Posting Pixel

Links opening in a new Tab

Post by Sui2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 am

Hey,
is there any chance that Links we post could open in a new Tab?
Not that its sooo important, i mean we can always select them to open in a new tab...
but its handy if they do it automatically.

Greetings

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Re: Links opening in a new Tab

Post by MandaMarie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:00 am

Sui2 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 am
Hey,
is there any chance that Links we post could open in a new Tab?
Not that its sooo important, i mean we can always select them to open in a new tab...
but its handy if they do it automatically.

Greetings
Yes I totally agree here. Not extremely important, but would be awesome as I tend to open everything in new tabs as well.
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Post by admin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 am

I'm not sure if that is an easy option to change here but ill take a look. I would have to take a poll to see what the majority would want. I know everything opening in a new tab would slow me down.

There is a cool trick if you don't know it. If your on a computer click on the links with your middle mouse button/scroll wheel and they will open in a new tab for you. 8-) I've just gotten in habit of doing that when I need a new tab.
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

Sui2
Posting Pixel

Post by Sui2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:24 am

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 am
There is a cool trick if you don't know it. If your on a computer click on the links with your middle mouse button/scroll wheel and they will open in a new tab for you.
Oh i didnt know that lol. Safes me 1 click :!:
I like this. xD

Tony Titan
Posting Pixel

Post by Tony Titan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:51 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 am
I'm not sure if that is an easy option to change here but ill take a look. I would have to take a poll to see what the majority would want. I know everything opening in a new tab would slow me down.

There is a cool trick if you don't know it. If your on a computer click on the links with your middle mouse button/scroll wheel and they will open in a new tab for you. 8-) I've just gotten in habit of doing that when I need a new tab.

It's a Mod you would need to install into the PHPBB software Keef. It's not difficult to do, it just requires reading thru a bunch of coding then adding in the new lines. Thankfully Notepad ++ is a HUGE help when it comes to that. Especially if you wouldn't be adding a bunch of mods to the forum. (Which I wouldn't recommend (but it's your choice of course) because each time a forum software upgrade takes place you have to hunt down an upgrade for the Mod as well....and if one isn't released it could potentially end up not working...until it is upgraded.)

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Tony Titan wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:51 pm
It's a Mod you would need to install into the PHPBB software Keef. It's not difficult to do, it just requires reading thru a bunch of coding then adding in the new lines. Thankfully Notepad ++ is a HUGE help when it comes to that. Especially if you wouldn't be adding a bunch of mods to the forum. (Which I wouldn't recommend (but it's your choice of course) because each time a forum software upgrade takes place you have to hunt down an upgrade for the Mod as well....and if one isn't released it could potentially end up not working...until it is upgraded.)
That sounds over complicated. Lol. Mainly I was looking for just URLs to open in a new tab as well, not every link though in the forum. But, as complicated as it sounds to install and keep up to date, compared to me just having to click URLs differently I am thinking maybe it's not worth having to make things more complex and difficult for Keef. I can imagine, there is already enough on his platter. ;p
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

;)

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Post by admin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda gun shy on using any plugins here. Had issue with them when my site was running on WordPress. They can open up hacker loopholes, cause update issues, and if the plugin isn't updated and you update, you loose the feature. So if we can get by with bare bones here I'd like to do that.

That said I will be updating the logo and such when I get some time. But that's just replacing graphics.
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess

Post by MandaMarie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 am

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 pm
Yeah, I'm kinda gun shy on using any plugins here. Had issue with them when my site was running on WordPress. They can open up hacker loopholes, cause update issues, and if the plugin isn't updated and you update, you loose the feature. So if we can get by with bare bones here I'd like to do that.

That said I will be updating the logo and such when I get some time. But that's just replacing graphics.
Well with that being said, I will withhold my question or request for some "spoiler code" added then. ;p

;)