Is Pixel Pusher meant to be only about IMVU or...

Give us your feedback on how we are doing and how you would like to see us grow.
Elaini
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Elaini

Is Pixel Pusher meant to be only about IMVU or...

Post by Elaini » Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 am

...is it a possibility that if some of us are creating things for multiple metaverses, such as both IMVU and Second Life? Not that I am doing it right now or plan to do so any day soon, but the title "Pixel Pusher" is quite universal and made me wonder if the content can be "expandable" as long as it's mostly PG-13 digital art and 3D creating for virtual space.

My mind just started wandering to this... it's pure curiosity so I'll take both yes and no as an answer.

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Re: Is Pixel Pusher meant to be only about IMVU or...

Post by admin » Wed May 17, 2017 11:32 pm

I would love to see us share and discuss things other than IMVU!
(also why IMVU was intentionally left out of the forum name ;) )

I believe one becomes a stronger creator when one also works in other platforms. Some of my IMVU firsts came about because of my knowledge of things your could do in other places that weren't available on IMVU. (Color changing trigger rooms, rooms with animated lighting effects.)

I myself started scratching my game design itch in the Sims, I then became a builder in Second Life (owed 2 sims for years) then landing myself in IMVU. For funsies I also dabble in making things for the Steam Workshop.
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Thu May 18, 2017 3:33 am

Yeahup there are already topics non-imvu related like pics of our pets , the newly created topic of what is art and such .
The more we share then get to know each other the better it'll be here even then within the IMVU realms of discussion .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Thu May 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Yea I started way back in the There.com days. From there I moved to a mix between Second Life and IMVU. Today I stick mostly to IMVU but in Second Life, I used to sculpt a lot. In fact, I would sculpt for some creators there who had much bigger shops and talent than I had. But never-the-less, it is possible if you own a Second Life account, you might even have something in your inventory I once created long ago and gave away as a freebie.

I know an older style of creating in Second Life. I was big into sculpting and Mesh wasn't even around. I used to code a lot in lsl, Second Lifes scripting language. I even would script my own sculpts and even add in my own poses, animations, and even sounds. I am sure a lot of that is still the same but, well, I like it in IMVU now. Much happy here. But that doesn't stop my interest in what's going on in Second Life these days. :)
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)