Request Shops

Give us your feedback on how we are doing and how you would like to see us grow.
admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Request Shops

Post by admin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:25 am

Okay so how should we handle request shops?
AKA Creator sets up custom shop to take commissioned work.

I think we should encourage creators in all forms so they can be a good thing, but how do we avoid it becoming a monster?

Allow them to take requests here?
Allow them to Showcase the Custom Shop only here but have them take the business itself elsewhere? (my leaning)

Discuss!
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

ChocolateCookie
Pixel Mod

Re: Request Shops

Post by ChocolateCookie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:09 am

This is a very tricky issue. Allowing the advertising or offering art can always become a mess. Whether we should let people just advertise their shops or also open up shops here hugely depends on how much work you want to put into it. If you just only advertising then all you have to do is review the ads to prevent thieves from advertising here, which will be the most difficult part. If you want to allow people to open up shops, then you will also need to deal with user disputes, complaints and general drama. There will be plenty of it. The smartest way to do this in my opinion is for every shop to go under review.

Like I said in another thread, you really need to think hard about if you want artists to open or advertise shops here. Unlike when advertising IMVU products, where IMVU is supposed to be stopping thieves and fraud, you'll be seen as someone responsible for that, and do not take this lightly. It is highly important that you get someone that is close to the art and developer community to review these ads and shops. Otherwise, if a known art or texture thief is accidentally allowed to advertise here, or if people get punished for false accusations, it will be a huge hit for the forum. There will also be lots of gray areas. I've seen another known IMVU forum take a big hit for allowing thieves and for the mods being biased, the art community is not very forgiving about this either.

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:45 am

I am against file sales.

BUT I love the idea of custom order / imvu catalog / collaboration threads.

It is a sticky wicket.

TO ME if someone wants a custom order - it is for a product that will be submitted to the catalog and purchased or derived.

just my two cents :)

Daise2
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=91359500

Post by Daise2 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:29 pm

Could we maybe have one place for artists, the homepage/Product page artists and coders? Basically, they can put up a link taking the user to their own site. Ie....Eccentriq or Gafs sites

Creators who offer custom work could have their own thread, and again, its just a one post entry to say 'I make custom jewelry - please message me for more details'...

Then a 3rd Thread for shops in general, but again, one post which people can edit as and when they want to update any info.

The caveat being that each creator only advertises once but can edit their own post as and when. Maybe allow one image per post?

Would something like work?

Suchie
Posting Pixel

Post by Suchie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Maybe have a form (i.e. Google forms) where shops can submit their information to be included in a directory that is maintained here? They can tell what kind of customs they do and how to contact them (website, IMVU message, etc), but the thread itself would be managed by mods so it does not get out of hand.

Inescia
New Pixel

Post by Inescia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:49 am

I would love a badges nurses forum, a coding help, well a help with many links and such, I see so many that are not coded correctly. I have helped many in the background with every aspect of badges. Also simple coding help like even just adding a banner or advertising your banner. Also with some that have a horrible time with images, the quality and animations. I am willing to help with what I can thank you.

Cracker
Mega Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Cracker

Post by Cracker » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:21 pm

I would like to open a shop for custom products here, but the rules say handle negotiations privately
Could you clarify what that means, apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask as im just a bit confused.
Does this mean you can't list prices or discuss payment ?
I usually do a PYP on customs and may have to link stickers for payment
Thanks for your time!
Image Image Image

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

Post by admin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:20 am

Cracker wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:21 pm
I would like to open a shop for custom products here, but the rules say handle negotiations privately
Could you clarify what that means, apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask as im just a bit confused.
Does this mean you can't list prices or discuss payment ?
I usually do a PYP on customs and may have to link stickers for payment
Thanks for your time!
TY for the heads up on not being clear enough in the rules, I'll work on editing them to be more specific.

Yes, you can absolutely state prices and terms on you page.
As well as take orders in you shop thread.

What I want to avoid is any back and forth negotiations.

Hope that helps.
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!