To AP or Not AP, That is the Question.

Give us your feedback on how we are doing and how you would like to see us grow.

Do you want AP Only Forums on this site?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:54 am

Yes, I would like to have AP redistricted areas.
40%
No, I want all of this forum to remain all audience.
60%

Total votes: 5

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

To AP or Not AP, That is the Question.

Post by admin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:54 pm

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them. To die, to sleep no more, and by a sleep to say we end the heartache, and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep. To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub, for in that sleep of death what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause...

Ahem, sorry. Occupational hazarded.

Okay, another feedback poll for you all.

Do we want to have AP content here?

AP Graphic Arts?
AP Products Showcase?
AP Contests?
AP Events?
Other???

This content would be redistricted to members who have had their AP verified by our membership.
It will be a bit time consuming having to go to IMVU and verify. We could set up a few trusted group leaders to do that part.

Yes? No?

I'll leave the poll up through the weekend
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Re: To AP or Not AP, That is the Question.

Post by GuySBot » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:14 am

A couple few things , by limiting this poll to only a few days . . Some people may not come back for months or til after the poll is over so why not just leave it up . Also to be completely honest . . I'm not really much an AP person , check my albums you probably wont find a single AP picture in ten years . . O k there maybe a couple - well that isn't true because im sure some I cant share to stream because im in an ap room or someone has AP stuff on but like I cant remember taking any nudies . Anyway there is very little if even any nudity its just not my thing all though im sure I got a few butt shots in short shorts or whatever that maybe considered AP by some . Cuz like whom of us doesn't ? Anyways'z . . Just because I'm not much an AP person nor a user of such tools . . 1st of all by accident I made a pinball machine then when I went to submit uploaded it as AP . That was how I found out you can't change the rating of an item once it is marked AP which I think is pretty D D D . So I do have like an item that is AP only . So like on that note because im guessing a lot of us even those who aren't AP item users ( yet AP holders ) , that is actually have an AP and perhaps items uploaded/submit AP accidentally , items that got unfairly marked as AP and/or in general AP items to discuss about .

You may not want to have that section now but you may down the road then wish you voted the other way . .

Most importantly is this - again just because I'm not AP why should there be some vote or it be my choice wether we have that section here or not . Fact of the matter is some will want AP some will not , the choice in such will to be just like at IMVU to use it or not . Having a vote on it is fine because I recon mob rules mentality but those who don't use AP are more willing to just click no because they simply don't use AP stuff much . That isn't being considerate of those who may want an AP section , just like IMVU itself there . Again for those who are into AP and want to interact as such would only be a limiting factor to the forum to be without . Also keep in mind there with the triple redundancy of checking they are AP then not even allowing AP pictures here at the forum but only through links we still keep this forum AP free for those who maybe concerned with such .

Anyways Pixel Pushers that's about all - peace out !
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:39 am

I am a fairly AP heavy person. ;p It's kinda just based off the things I enjoy from my time here. Having an AP rated area can be good, also be bad. I for one would vote for having an AP only area sure, however, the importance of it is very small. There are other ways to deal with content that is only for those people who own an access pass with groups. The importance of posting AP content here though I feel is very minimal. If someone wants to post a product rated AP, it's easy enough to post a direct link to the catalog, and let IMVU's built in system handle it. As for art, well DeviantArt has a built in age confirmation system for adult rated content. A simple "NSFW" warning, and then a link to the art, should be fine. I just kinda feel that the added work to those people running the forum, compared to what we may gain from it, doesn't really balance out no matter how easy it is to do. But still, I shall vote for an AP area. :p

(just my two cents.) :D
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

BunnyCakes
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=30837115

Post by BunnyCakes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm

I think having AP forums would be interesting. If it's too much of a hassle then I would say meh. I used to go in the AP forums once and awhile and pose pictures. ;)

gaf210
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/gaf210

Post by gaf210 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:27 am

meeh, got too late to the voting xD

I think it would be awesome to have an AP only section! so far in the imvu Discussions theres absolutely no place for ap activity and conversation.

Assault
New Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Assault

Post by Assault » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am

Just remember to check the Forum Hosts TOS before you make an AP section as they may not allow adult content. I know that Forumovation doesn't, so just double check so nothing risks the forums deletion.
Display Picture by Licensing

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Assault wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am
Just remember to check the Forum Hosts TOS before you make an AP section as they may not allow adult content. I know that Forumovation doesn't, so just double check so nothing risks the forums deletion.
We had some conversation about that at one of the similar amongst other topics here .
Two ways to overcome it are by hosting the pictures on IMVU so only those who have AP can go see 'em and/or
a section here where only those who have AP can enter then similar hosting at IMVU or off this forum site only .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

Assault
New Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Assault

Post by Assault » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:40 pm

GuySBot wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm
Assault wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am
We had some conversation about that at one of the similar amongst other topics here .
Two ways to overcome it are by hosting the pictures on IMVU so only those who have AP can go see 'em and/or
a section here where only those who have AP can enter then similar hosting at IMVU or off this forum site only .

Its a possibility, but even if you host with imvu, hyper linking bypasses that block, or when i see it it does, so it runs that risk.
I know on the FSF we have it set up so you have to be vetted to access an AP section of the forum, and unless you are you dont even know it exists since you cant see it, but if someone gets petty and reports the forum tho moderators of the host, if they see it it can still get banned depending on the wording of the TOS signed when registering the forum.
It's actually one of the reasons GASR removed the AP section of their forum, second to them no longer affiliating with IMVU.
Display Picture by Licensing