New Users Area?

Give us your feedback on how we are doing and how you would like to see us grow.

New Users?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Yes. We need to be a place for all IMVU Users to get advise.
80%
No. Keep this forum Content Creator focused.
20%

Total votes: 10

admin
Head Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Keef

New Users Area?

Post by admin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:44 pm

What do you all think about setting up a New Users area where we can all post real basic how to use IMVU stuff?
No matter where you go, there you are...

Pick up your free PPC Member Badge on Keef's IMVU Homepage Wear and Share to spread the word!

SqkyC
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/SqkyC

Re: New Users Area?

Post by SqkyC » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm kinda on the fence about this. I mean, yes, it'd be great to have info for new users available to reference! (but there IS the Pixel Pusher website...) Also it'd be nice just to have non-content creators around to visit and have a place where they can ask questions - but it would also mean more work to mod. Also it is Imvu's responsibility (shirk it though they might) to guide new users. Part of me says they made this mess let them deal with the influx of help tickets because people cannot navigate their... help center to find what they are looking for. The other part of me says yes, add it but only if you feel like you can handle all the extra work involved.

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:19 pm

I am one who would always be for newer people learning. IMVU is a place I would love to see live on, and as people go over time, a new group of members need to take up the old one's place if it's to survive. Sure, maybe there might be a different forum for that or different place, but my vote would always be for, help the boons! :D
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

GuySBot
Prolific Pixel

Post by GuySBot » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:28 am

The more the merrier , in my opinion there you want to set up IMVU homepages ( secondary accounts ) as tutorials because not only does this help promote IMVU in itself but the use of home pages . This isn't to say not to mirror that information here because while some will prefer official IMVU pages others will prefer forums . Side note to this is due to IMVU account cracking issues a good number of users are afraid to click any outside links .
Muah X Meow ^,.^~! TTFN

Notorious Chicka
Notorious Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Notorious

Post by Notorious Chicka » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:43 am

I like that this is Creator focused, but we are building a community obviously.
New Users could use guidance....as can I :)

MisterWhite
Posting Pixel

Post by MisterWhite » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:05 am

When it comes to developing sure I would hand my support. When it comes to people first using IMVU and needing a tour...not really interested in handing a tour for first users lol...I did this a lot in the past though, but at some point chewed too long on it. So Only when it comes to developers I sure will hand them any info needed and even fund first tries etc.

Lovely to see some people still hold the patience to do so :D when it comes to IMVU Virgins hahahaha I prize your calms ;)

What I do am in for is a room ranting tour, so people that already can navigate IMVU, can try invite me to go room hopping allong the most fun rooms I encounterred here. It is extreemly fun time to do so so yeah for such actions I am Always in the mood lol. So hit me up for a room raid tour :D or when you need to place first steps on developing/creating.

MandaMarie
Pixel Princess
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/MandaMarie

Post by MandaMarie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:37 am

Even though my use of this forum is for more experienced reasons in IMVU. Learning to better myself as a creator, share information about IMVU and learn of new news, I still have the side to me that does like to help where I can. Not, I can't teach people expert photo editing, or how to mesh and so on, but one thing I am always willing to do is, teach in areas I do know. I for one wouldn't have any issues trying to help newer members with, how to take and post a new picture within the client, or how to move photos into different albums. However, that changes when it comes to Next. Don't use it, don't know how to work it, won't help with it. ;p
...Visit my catalog...............Visit my Deviantart..............Visit Homepage....

Oh ooo-bee-doo, I wanna be like you.
I want to walk like you, talk like you, do.
You'd see it's true, an ape like me,
can learn to be, human, too.

;)

DianaDeMysterieux
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/DianaDeMysterieux

Post by DianaDeMysterieux » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:06 pm

SqkyC wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:07 pm
I'm kinda on the fence about this. I mean, yes, it'd be great to have info for new users available to reference! (but there IS the Pixel Pusher website...) Also it'd be nice just to have non-content creators around to visit and have a place where they can ask questions - but it would also mean more work to mod. Also it is Imvu's responsibility (shirk it though they might) to guide new users. Part of me says they made this mess let them deal with the influx of help tickets because people cannot navigate their... help center to find what they are looking for. The other part of me says yes, add it but only if you feel like you can handle all the extra work involved.
^^^^

This I actually agree with
La Dame Mystere

Twiddybird
Prolific Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://avatars.imvu.com/Twiddybird

Post by Twiddybird » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Hmm.. I think.. It's nice to be able to give advice and help to new people especially as helping them helps us not lose our patience so much with noobs, we were all new once and needed a little guidance so why not pay it back? I'm NOT new and still need a little help now and then, today proved that, I shouldn't be granted that gift of help just because I have been here a while, that should be available to everyone be it regarding creating or not. :)

Cherubwings
Posting Pixel
IMVU Homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage. ... r=30676001

Post by Cherubwings » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:38 am

In my opinion, I think it's awesome to have a place were we can learn from each other and help each other, especially to newer members of IMVU. I think it is important to help and be welcoming to newer members. To quote what Twiddybird said, and I strongly agree, "we were all new at one time". Lord knows I sure needed help when I first joined and I still do all the time! There are times that I have learned something that I didn't know from a newer member as well. It is very rewarding (99.9 % of the time anyway) to help newer members. :)
If you see someone who has lost their smile, give them one of yours! :D